free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: citizenship test

I am a legal permanent resident and I am eligible to apply for citizenship. The only thing that is holding me back is the daunting task of learning the answers to the 100 possible questions I could be asked. Is there a 'cheat sheet' I can use to help me? (I was never good at history!!)

I am a legal permanent resident and I am eligible to apply for citizenship. The only thing that is holding me back is the daunting task of learning the answers to the 100 possible questions I could be asked. Is there a 'cheat sheet' I can use to help me? (I was never good at history!!)

If you think that's the hard part, you are in for a shock

Look in the back of form M-476 for possible questions.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by cinnamongirl:
    I am a legal permanent resident and I am eligible to apply for citizenship. The only thing that is holding me back is the daunting task of learning the answers to the 100 possible questions I could be asked. Is there a 'cheat sheet' I can use to help me? (I was never good at history!!) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi Cinnamon, first of all, never let something like a small test hold you back from applying for US citizenship. Secondly, every naturalization interview is different, you could get asked 1 question or 10...........I actually think it depends on how well the interview is going before they ask you the civics questions that determines the number of questions they ask.........if I remember correctly, I think I was asked 2. Lastly, I have attached a webpage that has the standard questions for you. There is a civics history booklet on the USCIS website but I decided that the best way for me was to do the questions over and over until I got 100 right...........which in all honesty didn't take long as they are pretty simple. Good luck

http://usgovinfo.about.com/blinstst.htm

Right,
    usually when you show up there and start speaking perfect english and appear to be intelligent.You'll be maybe asked 2 - 3 questions.
    The test is a joke,at least to those who know everyhting...
    ITS BASIC STUFF....
    anyone who fails,should not post it here lol

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by cinnamongirl:
    I am a legal permanent resident and I am eligible to apply for citizenship. The only thing that is holding me back is the daunting task of learning the answers to the 100 possible questions I could be asked. Is there a 'cheat sheet' I can use to help me? (I was never good at history!!) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

cinnamongirl,

Isn't the test supposed to be changed very soon? I've read in the newspapers several times that it's not going to be those typical questions you can memorize the answers to. They're wanting to give a new test that is much harder. You have had to understand and learn about U.S. government and civics, not memorize or use a cheat sheet.

I know of a nearby school that is offering a free class to prepare individuals. Maybe you'll be able to take the test before it changes but if not, then you best know more than just how many stars and stripes are on the flag.
    I can't recall what date they'll implement the new tests. You might want to inquire about this before you set a date to take it.

Cinnamongirl, I am sorry, but if you can not learn VERY SIMPLE and VERY BASIC facts about the US, then maybe you should reconsider your application for citizenship?
    There are some flash cards that you can download from USCIS's Web site that should aid in your studying.

am a naturalized citizen from germany...and what can I say...the answers to all of those 100 questions have been at one time topic of my highschool education in germany. I drove my self crazy when I even though about the test, after all it was almost an insult even to ask me those 6 questions I was supposed to answer...so, dont worry, its easy.

The USCIS implimented the new test early this year in a few locations.

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) plans to pilot 142 U.S. history and government questions in connection with the naturalization test redesign project. USCIS will administer the pilot test to about 6,000 volunteer citizenship applicants in 10 cities beginning in early 2007.

The link to the relevant USCIS page is http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb9...CM1000000ecd190aRCRD

hope this helps

Dear Readers: How do you like this moron? He's COMPLAINING because he has to learn BASIC questions about the US. Not only he's COMPLAINING but WANTS TO CHEAT AS WELL. Obviously he doesn't think much of OUR COUNTRY to bother to learn anything.
    to Rambo and every damm illegal alien in the U.S. GET THE HELL OUT OF HERE!!! Your own countries are supposed to support you, THEY have an OBLIGATION with you, not us, when will you get it thru your sick skulls. We have MILLIONS of people who SHOULD