free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Children of Diplomats

are children of diplomats alowed to get the U.S. Citizenship. I was born in New York and lived there 7 years.

thanks

are children of diplomats alowed to get the U.S. Citizenship. I was born in New York and lived there 7 years.

thanks
    jessica

no.

If your parents have a diplomatic passport at your birth, then you do NOT become a citizen by birth.Instead, you are a citizen of the country they are from.

Read this:

http://uscis.gov/graphics/services/natz/citizen.htm

there is a lawyer who states that he has handled this particular cases. Do u think it is possible? is he being honest?
    jessica

Jessica, Marasmus is correct. Although the 14th amendment grants Citizenship to people born on American soil, there is an exception.

The United States currently grants automatic U.S. citizenship to almost all children born in the United States, regardless of whether the parents are U.S. citizens, legal residents, temporary visitors, or illegal aliens in the United States. The only exceptions to this rule, are the children of foreign diplomats stationed in the United States, whose citizenship at birth is governed by international treaty.

But you are right, it doesn't hurt to speak to an attorney about this. Are you, like our Founding Fathers, fed up with the old UK?
    America is prosperous because America is an optimistic nation. America is America because we are a nation of immigrants.

When a child born to diplomats in the United States they are not US Citizens.

Since you was born in US, Who was diplomat, Father/Mother, and what was his/her position at the time of your birth?

Before you talk to the lawyer let us have some more information to my above questions.

I just think it is unfair for us. I was born there and lived there 7 years. I love the American culture and I know for sure that I want to live there.
    jessica

My father is a first councelor.
    jessica