free information!
Copyright
© 1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: All good news!!!

I am so elated...I had my hearing today and learned that at this time, the government is withdrawing the charge.

I am at friends today and thought I at least have to let everybody here on the board know about the good news.

Early August will be a merit hearing for the I-485 approval, I guess.

Everyone here that knows about my "hardship"....thanks for hanging in there with me.

Regards,

Koller
    “...I may condemn what you say, but I will give my life for that you may say it”! - Voltaire

Congrats Koller! Great news!

I wish you the very best of luck and hope you can finally put all this behind you and have a great future
    I do hope everything will run smoothly from now on.

Finally!
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    God Bless America - God Bless Immigrants - God Bless Poor Misguided Souls Too

National Domestic Violence Hotline:
    1.800.799.SAFE (7233) 1.800.787.

So happy to hear the good news, Koller!!! Time to celebrate!!! Congratulations!

Fantastic Koller!!!

Did you make this face to the USCIS at the end of it?
    The whole of life is but a moment of time. It is our duty, therefore to use it, not to misuse it - Plutarch

Originally posted by Aroha:
    Fantastic Koller!!!

Did you make this face to the USCIS at the end of it?
    Too funny!!!!!

Congratulations Koller, what a great way to start off the new decade.

May I ask if you had a lawyer, and if the lawyer helped? If so, do you think the result would be different without a lawyer?

A great immigrant to balance out the dregs from Haiti.

Glückwünsche! Wilkommen Baum Die Vereinigte Staaten!

Originally posted by Kollerkrot:
    I am so elated...I had my hearing today and learned that at this time, the government is withdrawing the charge.

I am at friends today and thought I at least have to let everybody here on the board know about the good news.

Early August will be a merit hearing for the I-485 approval, I guess.

Everyone here that knows about my "hardship"....thanks for hanging in there with me.

Regards,

Koller
    Congrats Koller. It was a long time coming. Breathe easy now and smell the sweet roses of today.
    "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams on Defense of the boston Massacre

Originally posted by unique:
    Congratulations Koller, what a great way to start off the new decade.

May I ask if you had a lawyer, and if the lawyer helped? If so, do you think the result would be different without a lawyer?
    I most definately would!

If not straight forward paperwork, one NEEDS a lawyer in immigration matters. I've been working with several over the years and found that each one had a different opinion about my issue. Some of them told me right of the bat that there is no way around this. Others, (the paper pushing kind) I have to say, wanted to take the case, but to my knowledge didn't have much understanding about criminal matters. H eck, I have in recent years found that it was actually the first lawyer here in the US, that screwed up and made the issue worse for me by presenting USCIS with things they couldn't have ever known.

Last, I went with a young Belgium lawyer who took the case at heart, saw me for who I am and who decided to challenge the government to produce the original - which, if they wanted to do something - they had to have. We knew, the government wouldn't be able to do that, because, the case was closed since 1988. According to German laws, it was expunged and I was exonerated in accordance with German laws. USCIS, however, doesn't recognize foreign expungements, so we challenged USCIS to produce the original - which we knew they wouldn't be able to produce because it didn't exist anymore. Once my lawyer suggested this route, I knew months ago that USCIS had no way to go on and that their only way to cope with this would be to withdraw. However, I had to wait for the word.... which yesterday finally came.

And, although the USCIS withdrawl seemed to be the most logical solution in my book, I didn't rest on my laurels and I diligently prepared the most detailed rebuttal for possible other scenarios they could have come up with.

I don't think I could have done it without a diligent young agressive lawyer and of course without some of the members here.

Thank you all!
    “...I may condemn what you say, but I will give my life for that you may say it”! - Voltaire

Congratulations Koller! Da-mn shame I'm not in NJ this week to help ya celebrate I'm having to slum it in FL instead LOL.

Song for Kollerkrot
    "What you see in the photograph isn't what you saw at the time. The real skill of photography is organized visual lying."