Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: need input........working w/fake ss# and illegal

Hi all.......

I'm a USC married to a illegal immigrant we have been married for almost 4 yrs. now. We just sent the fee to process for his visa and the affidavit of support. Now here's my concers: my husband has been working (w/fake ss# and always put on the app. that he is a USC) since he was 20yrs old and he is now 29 yrs. old. Would his application be denied because of this? He does file tax returns every year using ITIN.
    Any input on this would be much appriciated

Hi all.......

I'm a USC married to a illegal immigrant we have been married for almost 4 yrs. now. We just sent the fee to process for his visa and the affidavit of support. Now here's my concers: my husband has been working (w/fake ss# and always put on the app. that he is a USC) since he was 20yrs old and he is now 29 yrs. old. Would his application be denied because of this? He does file tax returns every year using ITIN.
    Any input on this would be much appriciated

I am sorry vto break this to you! But this is the worse thing you can do! Alot of people do use Fake SS and clain to be US citizens on the I-9 forms!

But that means not only that you have misrepresented yourself as a US citizen ( which is a deportable crime as well as there is no waiver) but also used fraudulent document!

I would consult a very very good attorney!

hi lilami...

judy is right ... I m also sorry to say this but this is the worst crime one can do in regards with immigration that one claims to be US citizen when he/she is not ... it is a deportable crime ... kindly consult a good lawyer and make a new post here with attention to mohan or sammy .... They will give you further advices ... Good luck...Pasha

lilami,
    Using other's SSN is a fraud and it is bad, but that has nothing to do with his adjustment of status as he is not going to put the faked SSN on his application, if the USCIS finds out that he was using a faked SSN then he could get a denial.

thank you all for the input, but when i told my husband what you guys said he got upset his in denial mode.

The ss# he have is nobody else's ss# a public notary that we know well actually that he know helped him create it. I'm new and still confused with all this immgration stuff, so would he be able to get a visa number??? what does that mean?

Thanks

Using a fake social security number, even a made up one, is still fraud. Claiming to be a U.S. citizen when you're not is also fraud, and a basis for denial.

A public notary IS NOTHING MORE THAN SOMEONE WHO HAS A LICENSE TO ATTEST THAT THE SIGNATURE ON A DOCUMENT WAS MADE IN HIS/HER PRESENCE. Your friend's ignorance of the law, or willingness to ignore it has gotten you into a real mess. (It should also get him/her into trouble for helping you, but unless you turn him in, it probably won't.)

What we were told even though using a fake social IS fraud, is if you never claimed anything on it and sent a letter to IRS stating it was not your number you will be fine ( a lady at IRS told us to send a letter saying that that number was not his and basically owning up to it, which we did and re-filed ALL of our back taxes ) but claiming to be a USC is worse, esp. in the eyes of BCIS. There is no waiver to remove any denials he may receive as a result of claiming to be a USC.

Assuming, of course, that working is the ONLY thing your husband did with it--no loans, mortgages, etc.