50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: need help

my husband is a felon 1992 homicide by vehicle while driving under the influence and aggravated assault (five year sentence) I married him in 12/2000. Filed 245i-4/2001. He received CR6 9/2002. In 2003 he said he married for green card to remain in American. I tried to make the best of a bad situation. However, he begin to buy property in his name as a single person. I recently uncovered the following: he has a wife and adult children living in Liberia. He identified another wife on
    immigration forms. This is not the wife he provided divorce papers when we married. He refugee women and child who neighbors identify as common-law-wife and newborn son. He is working as a home improvement contractor and receiving social security disability checks and medicare. He houses illegal immigrants in his rental property. I have a "protection from abuse" order for threats and shoving me. I reported
    marriage fraud and abuse to INS, no response. He received a notification that INS in Philadelphia will schedule a marriage interview to remove conditional resident. What does all this meean? I thought from my previous posting that he would be deported as a felon. HELP!!!

my husband is a felon 1992 homicide by vehicle while driving under the influence and aggravated assault (five year sentence) I married him in 12/2000. Filed 245i-4/2001. He received CR6 9/2002. In 2003 he said he married for green card to remain in American. I tried to make the best of a bad situation. However, he begin to buy property in his name as a single person. I recently uncovered the following: he has a wife and adult children living in Liberia. He identified another wife on
    immigration forms. This is not the wife he provided divorce papers when we married. He refugee women and child who neighbors identify as common-law-wife and newborn son. He is working as a home improvement contractor and receiving social security disability checks and medicare. He houses illegal immigrants in his rental property. I have a "protection from abuse" order for threats and shoving me. I reported
    marriage fraud and abuse to INS, no response. He received a notification that INS in Philadelphia will schedule a marriage interview to remove conditional resident. What does all this meean? I thought from my previous posting that he would be deported as a felon. HELP!!!

Well, the good news is that you might have some control in this situation. Because in order for the conditional status to be removed from this green card you would have to go the interview with him and prove that you are together in a loving relationship and you married and it's valid and so on and so on. So don't go to interview and he doesn't get his permanent resident status.

The bad news is that because of is constant disrespect and disregard for the law, I really don't think he cares one way or another about you. So, my suggestion would be to divorce him and get as far away from him as you possibly can. Have nothing to do with him and no communication with him. Still try to get that important information to INS if that is what you feel you need to do. You can make an appoinment with the office in Philadelphia and take the proof with you and show it to them and if they do nothing about, then at least you tried. You can also get your congress person involved and see what they can do to help.

But from the way it sounds he's gonna hang himself and you probably won't even have to help him.

Good Luck to you!!

It sounds quite possible that she's never been legally married to him in the first place.

That is true, so she really should just let it go, because he's pretty much screwed himself.

If he has a conditional green card through marriage to you, then you are a co-petitioner and his sponsor. Right now the petition to remove conditions is still pending. Why didn't you withdraw the I751 you submitted jointly and the I864?
    The above is simply an opinion. Your mileage may vary. For immigration issues, please consult an immigration attorney.