50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Naturalization Interview today - no decision

Okay, could someone give me some insight on what this means? My husband had his Naturalization interview today. He originally came here from Canada when we got married. He's been either conditional or permanent resident since 1998.

He applied for naturalization in January of 2007 and just had his interview today. His interview lasted maybe 10 minutes. She handed him a paper stating that he had passed the civics and English test and also checked that he would be notified of a decision by mail.

The whole family drove 3 hours to this office because we expected for him to take the oath today as well. We know this is common to do at this particular office. So now we're left wondering what is going on. The only thing that changed on his application was a trip we took to Canada at Christmas. But, we were never told we couldn't leave the states while his application was pending. Are we missing something? Please, any insight would be appreciated. We're worrying now that he's been denied but can't think of any reason why he would be...

thanks!

Okay, could someone give me some insight on what this means? My husband had his Naturalization interview today. He originally came here from Canada when we got married. He's been either conditional or permanent resident since 1998.

He applied for naturalization in January of 2007 and just had his interview today. His interview lasted maybe 10 minutes. She handed him a paper stating that he had passed the civics and English test and also checked that he would be notified of a decision by mail.

The whole family drove 3 hours to this office because we expected for him to take the oath today as well. We know this is common to do at this particular office. So now we're left wondering what is going on. The only thing that changed on his application was a trip we took to Canada at Christmas. But, we were never told we couldn't leave the states while his application was pending. Are we missing something? Please, any insight would be appreciated. We're worrying now that he's been denied but can't think of any reason why he would be...

thanks!

Hi Reba,

Welcome to the forum! Please see below for more information. The oath ceremony doesn't always take place at the time of the interview. It sounds like your husband should be okay. Lots of luck to you both!

http://www.uscis.gov/files/article/M-476.pdf

Being Interviewed
    " Receive an appointment for your interview.
    " Go to your local USCIS office at the specified time.
    " If requested by USCIS, bring identification and provide additional
    documents. It is recommended that you also bring 2 additional passport-style
    photographs to your interview.
    " Answer questions about your application and background.
    " Take the English and civics tests.
    " Receive a decision.
    Taking the Oath
    " Receive a ceremony date.
    " Check in at the ceremony.
    " Return your Permanent Resident Card.
    " Answer questions about what you have done since your interview.
    " Take the Oath of Allegiance.
    " Receive your Certificate of Naturalization.

How much did you tip the interviewer?
    These people stop at Nothing !

Death to IMBRA AND VAWA !

God Bless America and no one else !!!

ProusdUSC,

What has us confused/concerned is that they say you should receive a decision at the interview. We did not. Nothing was checked and there is a place on the form to mark decisions. So it makes us think we've been denied. Gotta love these people...make you wait and worry, worry and wait....

Hi Reba,

They were supposed to hand him a form (N-652) that gives the results of the interview. The decision options are: granted; continued; or denied. Did he receive such a form???

Yes, They checked You passed the tests of English and U.S. history and government, and,

USCIS will send you a written decision about your application.

Now, what has us worried is right below is an option for approving the application and another option to say a decision hasn't been made about your application.

So, why didn't they check one of those? It doesn't feel like any decision was made at this interview....unless it's denial and they didn't want to tell him in the office... Hopefully we're just worrying for nothing. I was just hoping someone on here had similar experience with these interviews and could tell me how it works.

If you didn't leave a tip then it will be denied; go back and tell them you are sorry and that you forgot; $500 should fix it. Do I have to tell you guys everything??? !!
    These people stop at Nothing !

Death to IMBRA AND VAWA !

God Bless America and no one else !!!

Going out of the country while N400 is being processed matter?

Or just the length of time being out of USA matter while N400 is being processed?

Hi Reba- did you receive an answer yet? I just came back from my citizenship interview yesterday and I had the same results: I passed the tests and they told me that USCIS will let me know their decision in the mail. I am worried and I hope I will get good news in the mail soon!!!