free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DISGUSTED AT FATHER IN LAWS REMARKS

HI I JUST NEED TO VENT SOME ANGER, I WAS TOLD BY MY SISTER IN LAW THAT MY FATHER IN LAW HAS BEEN SAYING THAT I MARRIED MY HUSBAND JUST TO GET A GREEN CARD. THIS IS SO FAR FROM THE TRUTH AND HAS MADE ME FEEL LIKE GOINGBACK HOME TO THE UK. WHY DO PEOPLE THINK OF IMMIGRANTS IN THIS WAY, DO THEY THINK THAT PEOPLE FROM THE UK ARE BENEATH THEM AND ARE COMING HERE IN THE HOPE OF A BETTER LIFE. I TRUELY LOVE MY HUSBAND, WE ARE EXPECTING OUR FIRST CHILD IN 3 MONTHS AND MY ONLY REASON FOR BEING HERE IS THAT I LOVE MY HUSBAND, I DIDNT COME HERE WANTING A GREEN CARD. DO I JUST GO HOME COZ SOMEONE THINKS THIS OF ME, I DONT WANNA BE LOOKED DOWN UPON BY ANYONE AND HAVE JUDGEMENTS MADE AGAINST ME LIKE THIS

HI I JUST NEED TO VENT SOME ANGER, I WAS TOLD BY MY SISTER IN LAW THAT MY FATHER IN LAW HAS BEEN SAYING THAT I MARRIED MY HUSBAND JUST TO GET A GREEN CARD. THIS IS SO FAR FROM THE TRUTH AND HAS MADE ME FEEL LIKE GOINGBACK HOME TO THE UK. WHY DO PEOPLE THINK OF IMMIGRANTS IN THIS WAY, DO THEY THINK THAT PEOPLE FROM THE UK ARE BENEATH THEM AND ARE COMING HERE IN THE HOPE OF A BETTER LIFE. I TRUELY LOVE MY HUSBAND, WE ARE EXPECTING OUR FIRST CHILD IN 3 MONTHS AND MY ONLY REASON FOR BEING HERE IS THAT I LOVE MY HUSBAND, I DIDNT COME HERE WANTING A GREEN CARD. DO I JUST GO HOME COZ SOMEONE THINKS THIS OF ME, I DONT WANNA BE LOOKED DOWN UPON BY ANYONE AND HAVE JUDGEMENTS MADE AGAINST ME LIKE THIS

This must be Michael's wife.
    So here is the other side of the story.
    I guess it all happened because of the father in Laws remarks.

Michael
    Well this is one reason why you people should be upset at all the I-751 waivers. These I-751ers have made our system a mockery and has made all immigrants suffer. Let's all get behind ending fraudulant marriages and then you'll get the respect you deserve. But if you condone fraud, then don't expect your motives to go unquestioned.

Michael
    I was dissappointed in the original post because I expected some steamy talk

Wow...

This reply makes sense, Michael !!!!!!!! not usual .... Agreed... Yep fraudulent people must be punished well if we find them

Pasha,
    I think you underestimate Michael.
    If his goal was to justly punish a FRAUD, what attraction it would have?
    But to project FRAUD on ALL Immigrants (legal, Illegal,Russian, Mexican and etc.) is something unique and very Michaelesque.
    I read his postings once in a while and I won't settle for less than giving his name to this trend.
    So, here I have a name for it:
    Michaelesque

To the original poster....

Your father-in-law is exactly that - your father-in-law. He is not your husband - Do NOT ruin your life or your marriage be ruined because of a callous remark.

If his remarks continue, perhaps it would be best to sit down and talk to him (or write him a letter) explaining your love for his son and desire only to make him happy. Hopefully, with time his negative attitude will change.

If worst comes to worst... by him a plane ticket to the UK, so that he can see with his own eyes that the UK offers the same benefits as the USA in most areas that matter. Let him tour around with you, thereby appreciating your country, and getting to know you as a person, not as an immigrant.

But either way - your marriage is between you and your husband not you and your father in law!!!!

I wish you the best of luck!!! I can only imagine how hurtful that would be!

Spouse has given you good piece of advice ... if this doesn't work .... Talk to ur husband about this.... If nothing happens and your relationship with ur husband is good then probably the most precious thing in the world ... " Ignore him" and he will stop bugging you ... without further stimulation ( he sees u r getting upset with this) ... he wont have any urge left to do so .... Good luck... if u read this post....coz its from past dates