free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Need advice.

Hello every1:

I have had final (I was told so by interviewing officer)interview for green card in middle of December 2005. I was told then that there is some problem and FBI need to check my name. It suppose to take something between a few days up to several weeks. I won't have to come back fpr further interview. Green card will be sent to me automaticly.

Well, it sounded not bad. But reality was very bad. It took FBI 2 years to check my background.

On the beginning of this year, after I don't know, how many phone calls and visits in Immigration Local Office at Newark, NJ, I finally got an information that my name is being positively cleared by FBI.

I guess what?

Nothing is happenning. I was there 4 or 5 times already this year just to hear: "your case is still reviewing" (last visit last friday).

My hands are down, I don't know what to do.

I won't even mention about situation inside my family, which is falling appart, because of that.

What can I do with those heartless *******s?

I'm desperate. Can anybody tell me how long it takes if I decide to take them to Court and what is approximate cost of this operation?

Any help will be very apprecciated.

jackie

Hello every1:

I have had final (I was told so by interviewing officer)interview for green card in middle of December 2005. I was told then that there is some problem and FBI need to check my name. It suppose to take something between a few days up to several weeks. I won't have to come back fpr further interview. Green card will be sent to me automaticly.

Well, it sounded not bad. But reality was very bad. It took FBI 2 years to check my background.

On the beginning of this year, after I don't know, how many phone calls and visits in Immigration Local Office at Newark, NJ, I finally got an information that my name is being positively cleared by FBI.

I guess what?

Nothing is happenning. I was there 4 or 5 times already this year just to hear: "your case is still reviewing" (last visit last friday).

My hands are down, I don't know what to do.

I won't even mention about situation inside my family, which is falling appart, because of that.

What can I do with those heartless *******s?

I'm desperate. Can anybody tell me how long it takes if I decide to take them to Court and what is approximate cost of this operation?

Any help will be very apprecciated.

jackie

contact ombudsman's office, book info pass and also book appointment with your congressman's senior case worker.

good luck

I feel ya pain Jackie. Same situ for me except mine is for naturalization. Been in namecheck pending for 2yrs, tried just about everything short of the Writ of Mandamus. I can tell ya it'll cost u about $5k to file and there's no guarantee of success. But yours is for PR so u should get clear of it soon. FBI claim to eliminate the backlog by July 2009 (but only for PRs and Citz apps who already have been interviewed). Good luck
    "What you see in the photograph isn't what you saw at the time. The real skill of photography is organized visual lying."

When people first started filing Mandamus actions, most immigration attorneys had no idea how much work it would take and charged a lot of money. However, for cases involving only a name-check delay, attorneys have found out that the work load is not that bad. I know some good attorneys that will do mandamus actions for $1000-1500 plus the filing fee of $350. Except in New Jersey, almost every person that I know who filed a mandamus based on name-check delay got their greencard in less than 6 months. The only person that didn't get their greencard was someone who wasn't eligible because of a prior immigration violation that they failed to tell the attorney about. So if you are completely fed up with delays, have some money to spend and don't live in New Jersey (NJ district court said they don't have jurisdiction), you can get your greencard sooner rather than later.
    Note: This is not legal advice. For legal advice contact a competent immigration attorney. http://asylumlaw.blogspot.com

Thanks to all of you for your help.

After reading a lot about this issue, I decided to wait a few more weeks to find what's gonna happen.

Perhaps God will smile to me one day (soon).

Thanks again.

jackie

PS. Brit, what PR means?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jackie:
    PS. Brit, what PR means? </div></BLOCKQUOTE> permanent resident