Copyright
1995-2014
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I-131 class of admission

Hi,
    I entered the US with an advanced prole but it is about to expire and I need to apply for a new one. Can anyone please tell me what should I put for class of admission ?

I really appriciate your help
    Thank you

Hi,
    I entered the US with an advanced prole but it is about to expire and I need to apply for a new one. Can anyone please tell me what should I put for class of admission ?

I really appriciate your help
    Thank you

I would put it like this:

original class of admission/advance parole

What did you put on your first AP?
    The above is simply an opinion. Your mileage may vary. For immigration issues, please consult an immigration attorney.

Originally I entered with a V2 visa, what is the class of admission for that one ?

for the first advanced prole I had an attorney fill out the form and he put P-2 for me which I am not sure what P2 stands for.
    Can anyone help me here.

can anyone please help me on that one?

I also have another question.
    Is it true that I can stay in the US as long as my advance prole is valid ?

To answer that last question of yours we would need some more info on your background. Usually Advance Parole is granted with a pending adjustment of status, so I'm not sure why you are asking if you can stay in the US as long as your AP is valid. Advance Parole is a permit that allows you to ENTER the US with pending adjustment and in a couple of other situation. It does not have anything to do with your legal status while you are within the US.

If you entered on a V-2, then V-2 is your class of admission. I don't know what P-2 stands for and I don't know why your laywer would put that when you entered on a V-2.

hi

I ented the US on a V-2 visa but it was valid only for one entry. and when I entered they told me I can stay until I get my greencard but then I needed to leave the US for a few weeks so applied and got an advanced prole and and left the US and I came back a few months ago.

I have to leave again and but my adjustment of status is still pending. So, thats why I wasnt sure what to write since someone at the immigration told me I have to write "prole" but I think what you said makes more sense and I have to write V-2.

Also in my passport they put an I-94 when I entered and they put a date on it, the date is the same day as when my advanced prole expires.
    thats why I asked
    "Is it true that I can stay in the US as long as my advance prole is valid ?"

Also I have one more question:
    My advanced prole is still pending, I went immigration and they told me the reason that is it pending is that by mistake (or they dont know why) my case has been sent to the records center in missori! eventhough it is still pending. So they asked for it to be sent back. and they told me that this takes about 3 weeks.
    Has this ever happened to anyone you know?
    Do you know how long it would take until they usualy get back the case from records center?
    and how long would it take them to hopefully schedule an interview for me?

I would really appriciate your help.
    Thank you,

Are you the unmarried daughter of an LPR?

P-2 is the old visa class for Unmarried son and daughter of an LPR.

Yes,
    I am unmarried child of a Legal Permenant Residet and my mother applied for me!
    (I am under 21)

should I still put P-2 for my status?
    Is there a website or a document that I can read to figure out what I should write for my status?