50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can an individual on B1/B2 appear for job interview?

Hi can anyone tell me if it is legal to go for a job interview if the individual is on a B1/B2 visa and in the USA? An early response is genuinely requested

Hi can anyone tell me if it is legal to go for a job interview if the individual is on a B1/B2 visa and in the USA? An early response is genuinely requested

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Leheretique:
    Hi can anyone tell me if it is legal to go for a job interview if the individual is on a B1/B2 visa and in the USA? An early response is genuinely requested </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    I wouldn't imagine that there's anything wrong with interviewing at all. How else would companies be able to review candidates for future I-140 sponsorship. The only issue is that the alien would then have to return to his native country to secure a visa alone, or with the aid of the company to return with work authorised status.
    The above is simply an opinion. Your mileage may vary. For immigration issues, please consult an immigration attorney.

No, you can not have an interview under B1,B2 visa for work permit. This kind of visa is a tourist visa. I am pretty sure, not assuming

Someone12
    One can attend job interviews with a B1B2 and then return to their country to apply for a work visa.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by inspector45:
    No, you can not have an interview under B1,B2 visa for work permit. This kind of visa is a tourist visa. I am pretty sure, not assuming </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thank you for your response. Let me rephrase my question. I am in the US on B1/B2 Visa. I have been invited to attend a job interview. The prospective employer knows am on B1/B2. Is it legal for me to go for the job interview? I know I cannot work on this visa and would require a work permit. Kindly let me know in isolation if I attend a job interview would I be violating any laws?

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Lolita:
    Unless you have a legal work authorization to work in the USA, i dont think you are allowed to work. And if you go to the interview, you need to be honest when asked about your immigration status.

Thank you for your response. Let me rephrase my question. I am in the US on B1/B2 Visa. I have been invited to attend a job interview. The prospective employer knows am on B1/B2. Is it legal for me to go for the job interview? I know I cannot work on this visa and would require a work permit. Kindly let me know in isolation if I attend a job interview would I be violating any laws?

No, you can't attend job interview even if you will not work under your current status.

Simply attending interview while on B visa is considered to be a grave, felonious, life threatening crime comission of which may result in your electrocution by 10 million Volts of electric current !

Beware !

You're not breaking a law to go to an interview. You'd be breaking a law if you signed something misrepresenting yourself. As previously stated, you have to have a proper visa to actually GET the job and work but to interview is not illegal. Just be honest about your status. Is your intention to get a sponsorship?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Still Learning:
    You're not breaking a law to go to an interview. You'd be breaking a law if you signed something misrepresenting yourself. As previously stated, you have to have a proper visa to actually GET the job and work but to interview is not illegal. Just be honest about your status. Is your intention to get a sponsorship? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thank you for your response. My intention is to be legitimate in anything I do.

In the event of a prospective employer offering me a job along with a sponsorship only then would I consider re-entering the US.

I intend to apply for a work permit from country of origin with supporting documents from my employer. Is that a legally acceptable stance? Is their anything about sponsorships you feel I should know? Any guidance is more than welcome.