50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: help

hi can anyone help, married in 95 cond g/card received per g/card 98, went back to home country 2002 for a visit and stayed, family death fell emotionally ill myself, divorced 03, remarred same man 2005, last time in the states livin 2002, can back to US for a visit oct 04, returned to home country trtuned to us in feb o5 remarried ex spouse, returned to home country, returned to us in may o5, havent returned, each time came in on visa waiver program never presented greencard as I thought I was returning to home country, this time didnt as our daughter was so upset, husband military trid hard to get stationed in my home country to no avail, what is my status

hi can anyone help, married in 95 cond g/card received per g/card 98, went back to home country 2002 for a visit and stayed, family death fell emotionally ill myself, divorced 03, remarred same man 2005, last time in the states livin 2002, can back to US for a visit oct 04, returned to home country trtuned to us in feb o5 remarried ex spouse, returned to home country, returned to us in may o5, havent returned, each time came in on visa waiver program never presented greencard as I thought I was returning to home country, this time didnt as our daughter was so upset, husband military trid hard to get stationed in my home country to no avail, what is my status

is this true or false?

i'm confussed

this is sooooo true can you help me

Given that you resumed residence in your country of origin after you returned there in 2002, your Green Card is no longer valid (it is automatically revoked in these circumstances).

I'm not a lawyer, but I believe that - as the spouse of an American - you may not have been eligible to use the Visa Waiver Program upon your last entry in May, 2005. As the spouse of an American, you are considered to be an intending immigrant...unless you convince them otherwise.

In any event, your authorized period of stay with the VWP was 90 days. At the present time, you're in America illegally...as a visa overstay.

You are eligible to reapply for Permanent Resident Status through your marriage. However, it is my understanding that, because you entered the country using the Visa Waiver Program, you cannot remain in America while this is being processed. You must apply through Consular Processing in your home country.

I would recommend that you do not remain illegally in America for a period exceeding 180 days...otherwise you will be subject to a re-entry bar of 3 years (10 years if you remain illegally for more than 180 days).

I'm sure that I speak for everyone when I say that we are grateful for your husband's service in the military. I hope that this information is helpful. Good luck.

thankyou so much for your advice, yes he has served a long time and continues to,

does this mean 180 days pass the expiration of my visa waiver or from the day I entered in may sundevil?

yes

Ability may get you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there.