50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Permanent Resident Card (Green Card)

Hi my wife received her Permanent Resident Card
    and I'm confused if this is a Conditional Card or Not. The card has a expire date in two years however on the back of the form that came with the card it says.

PERMANENT RESIDENT CARD
    Your card has a expiration date
    1. If you are a conditional resident you should
    apply to remove conditions 90 days before card expires
    2. If you are a Permanent Resident, the expiration date does not affect your status, but you should use Form 1-90 to apply for a new card 90 days before this card expires

I called the USCIS office and they said its a 10 year card however someone told me that if the card says CR1 under the Category then its conditional and that's what it says.

Why cant the card just say Conditional Resident Card or Permanent Resident Card our government has to make everything with gray areas attached.
    Also

What is a 0S155A immigrant visa and alien registration approval notice say about this ?

halflife3

Hi my wife received her Permanent Resident Card
    and I'm confused if this is a Conditional Card or Not. The card has a expire date in two years however on the back of the form that came with the card it says.

PERMANENT RESIDENT CARD
    Your card has a expiration date
    1. If you are a conditional resident you should
    apply to remove conditions 90 days before card expires
    2. If you are a Permanent Resident, the expiration date does not affect your status, but you should use Form 1-90 to apply for a new card 90 days before this card expires

I called the USCIS office and they said its a 10 year card however someone told me that if the card says CR1 under the Category then its conditional and that's what it says.

Why cant the card just say Conditional Resident Card or Permanent Resident Card our government has to make everything with gray areas attached.
    Also

What is a 0S155A immigrant visa and alien registration approval notice say about this ?

halflife3

Did you guys finally get serious? Or is it still that silly game? Hang tight, your buddy SonofMichael will come to your rescue.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by halflife3:
    .. I'm confused if this is a Conditional Card or Not. The card has a expire date in two years...

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    If it expires in 2 years, it is conditional GC. You two have to apply for the removal of conditions before it expires (but max 90 days in advance). Your wife is a permanent resident.. but with the conditions.

I don't know your story, but it seams your wife went through the consular processing. She also entered the USA before the second wedding anniversary. OS155A is a file created at that time...

so after all your game playing of the wife staying outside to get permanent card for the 2 years marriage.. it backfired.!

I would think you would be happy about this. but you seem upset.

Well good its done and we dont have to hear about these games anymore.

I SEEM UPSET / why would i be upset when
    i know i have two more years of being with My wife who thinks she is a princess
    she likes everyting clean but won't lift a finger to do any house work but she will complain about it not being done. She wants
    everything needed done in a instant and has a very wierd way of calucating time frams for certain task. She determines how fast a task should be done by calling 10 of her friends and asking them how long did it take to do ??? this .. then she takes the fastest one and that is converted to the average or longest time she expects it done. She puts vegs in the freezer, tv dinners in the crisper, long stem roses in a coffee cup, sleeps like a mummy, thinks she can do anything she puts her mind to regardless of rules or any other factors. refused to spend any money and she has lots of money but still says she has no money, enrolled in college been there two months and has been advanced 3 level up and suddenly can speak better english then some who have been hear for years, and the only thing she likes about me is the crazy why i drive like a mad man and but she sees that im driving that way to get somewhere on time and thats to her is being responsible !! told her been to traffic school 13 times so thinks for now this a good thing...for now......lol

Its shocking to me,how people wpply for the residency and have no knowledge exactly if its conditional or not lol.

If a greencard expires already 2 year after u received it,its conditional,meaning U have to apply 3 months before the card expires to remove the conditions. You should have known that when U guys applied for the resideny the first time.
    If U fail to remove the conditions on time,your status will be canceled and U will set for removal processing.

So I assume since not knowing if the greencard was conditional or not,u guys most likely forget to remove the conditions lol

either way,once u apply to remove the conditions,u will have to wait to be approved and/or, to appear for an interview and do all the biometrics.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by explora:
    Did you guys finally get serious? Or is it still that silly game? Hang tight, your buddy SonofMichael will come to your rescue. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Haha! It sounds and smells trademark SOM right from the start for me. What do you think, explora?

You got it, Rough Neighbor! I'm pretty sure blownaway was his handiwork too. It's a shame, really. He mustn't have any friends, so he comes here for attention, even if it is negative.