free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Change of address

Can someone tell me if you have to notify INS of a change of address after someone has had their permanent resident alien card for 8 years.

thanks for your response.

Can someone tell me if you have to notify INS of a change of address after someone has had their permanent resident alien card for 8 years.

thanks for your response.

well i am in the same position but you might have to if you are going to get you citizenship.. thats what they atleast told me when i called that 1800 number.. but call just in case the person i talk to was a **** head and did not know what they were talking about

yes, you have to... and the sponsor as well (if and when he/she moves).

as long as you are a greencard holder,you always have to,by the law,update your address with INS.

There is form called A-11 or something,u sent that in,thats it...u write down your current address and also your previews address.And you're done!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HBKHBK:
    There is form called A-11 or something,u sent that in,thats it...u write down your current address and also your previews address.And you're done! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

or you can do it on-line
    https://egov.uscis.gov/crisgwi/go?action=coa

i am worried about something, since i am overseas do i change my address to the base over hear or keep it to the address that my mom is at.. i dont want to change it and then some how they send my unconditional green card to me and it gets lost some where between them and the alantic ocean..

Did you just said,u are waiting for your un conditional green card?
    so in other words you are a conditional resident? and you are not present in the U.S.???

Are you nuts? lol...unless u assume you will just get your greencard in the mail without an interview,but if you get an interview, you must be present there...so I'd think twice about how long u wanna stay overseas,regardless,u HAVE to be at the interview or biometrics when they sent you the letter...

don't just assume u will just get a greencard without an interview...

If I were you,i'd be more worried about that than your address...if you address INS has is your in laws address etc...i would keep it

yes i am over seas with a conditional greencard my lawyer as well as the immigration officer said i can once i was ordered to be here by the military which i have been.. i am coming back to america to get the stamp from customs in janurary and i dont have to take off the conditions until the end of next year i will be able to.. the form that i have states i can send in my finger prints from the army and all evidence including why i may not be able to come which i will have and have been working on starting this month.. i have to also send my orders as well as my husband orders stateing we were told we have to PCS, and send also 4 passsport pics to them with the money but i will do it through my mom. when they recieve all the paper work i would not have to do the biometric because they will have the one from the military..

and as for me being over seas and haveing to worry once i am not overseas past 1 year and they do consider this american soil once i live on bases which i do.. but i dont want to take any chances thats why i am going back in janurary or feburary.. i cant go back early because of there typhoon season..

ps: thank you for your concerns about my situation..

No problem,
    my whole concern about your case is this though.
    You make it sound so easy and simple,even with an attorney...

its not about the stamp or biometrics or what not or where u are.
    Its the fact,what if you are called for a marriage interview??? U must show up for that interview and ever wondered,if you won't get your conditional removed? where is your spouse? with you???

its mainly about removing the conditional,and providing eveinde your marriage is real and entered in real life...if u live overseas because of military and your spouse here in the states...it will be funny showing you live as husband and wife,if u an;'t living together,regardless if u are in the military or not.

Just wondering if you ever thought of that?

I mean don't confuse,the fact u are in the US military does not mean,they will just remove your conditions because of that...its about if you got married for love and if you are truly married and living as a married couple aka BONAFIDE marriage.

But I hope you'll be fine...where are u stationed?