50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: help !!!!!!

My daughter for my 1st. marriage is having her citizenship test oct. 18,so she is planing to do my application as soon she has the certification...Now my question is this...My mother in lwa made the petition for my( 2nd)_ husband my daughter and myself in 1993...
    The INS didn't accept our marriage because,we got married in Mexico way before the period of time provided by law after a divorce ( my husband got divorce and the very next week we got married there is a 1 year wait to re married again ) so anyways our lawyer didnt do anything about my papers. My mother in law past away in 1999 and our lawyer notified the INS about this,my husband and daughter keep having their work permits,until dec. 2005 when they had the INS appointment.,they closed all the papper work ( denied the green card ) We had a letter Jan 06 let him know that he need to appeal ( we have a 15 Year old son born here in Chicago ) At this point We for sure do not know if our lawywer made the appeal,because every time I called he never gets my phone calls back.So my concer is, Do we need to get married again?in order that my daughter ( 1st. Marriage ) can apply for my husband ( he is the only father she knows we got married when she was 14 and now she is 33 ) If she does the ap0lication for him,does this new procees affects the appela? in case there is an appeal??please help me out because I want to know exactly what to do,,,Hoping you can help me out.thank you so much...

My daughter for my 1st. marriage is having her citizenship test oct. 18,so she is planing to do my application as soon she has the certification...Now my question is this...My mother in lwa made the petition for my( 2nd)_ husband my daughter and myself in 1993...
    The INS didn't accept our marriage because,we got married in Mexico way before the period of time provided by law after a divorce ( my husband got divorce and the very next week we got married there is a 1 year wait to re married again ) so anyways our lawyer didnt do anything about my papers. My mother in law past away in 1999 and our lawyer notified the INS about this,my husband and daughter keep having their work permits,until dec. 2005 when they had the INS appointment.,they closed all the papper work ( denied the green card ) We had a letter Jan 06 let him know that he need to appeal ( we have a 15 Year old son born here in Chicago ) At this point We for sure do not know if our lawywer made the appeal,because every time I called he never gets my phone calls back.So my concer is, Do we need to get married again?in order that my daughter ( 1st. Marriage ) can apply for my husband ( he is the only father she knows we got married when she was 14 and now she is 33 ) If she does the ap0lication for him,does this new procees affects the appela? in case there is an appeal??please help me out because I want to know exactly what to do,,,Hoping you can help me out.thank you so much...