50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: I-751 approval or a mistake????

I've recently mailed a change of address form to TSC for pending I-751 (NOA 03/31/04). Today, I have received the "welcome letter" saying that my two year conditional resident card will be mailed in 3 weeks. I'm so worried if they have misplaced my paper. Does anyone have a similar experience with TSC?

I've recently mailed a change of address form to TSC for pending I-751 (NOA 03/31/04). Today, I have received the "welcome letter" saying that my two year conditional resident card will be mailed in 3 weeks. I'm so worried if they have misplaced my paper. Does anyone have a similar experience with TSC?

Rxdot,
    Bad news! No, what you received from the DHS is a confirmation of the change of address, for some reason it is probably an error that you received this Welcome letter, I received the same letter after I change for the change of address, all what you need to do is to disregard that letter and wait for a plain print out apprval letter from your service center that states clearly the appoval of the I-751.

Good luck

I've reported this error in the past.

You know it is an error because:

(1) The approval letter comes on plain white paper (not on I-797 letterhead)

(2) You can't get your new card until you process the I-89 you have to fill out at the local district office, you need to submit 2-3 passport photos, and you have to get your passport stamped with the temp I-551 stamp showing that you have been processed for your new card.

Sphy

Here's what a *real* approval letter says:

United States Department of Justice
    Immigration and Naturalization Service

Notice of Removal of Conditional Basis of Lawful Permanent Residence

File Number: ***-***-***
    Date of Decision: 06/23/2004
    New Classification Symbol: IR6
    Admission Date: 07/16/2001

Your request for the removal of the conditional basis of your permanent resident status has been approved. You are deemed to be a lawful permanent resident of the United States as of the date of your original admission or adjustment of status.

You must obtain a new alien registration receipt card (Form I-551). To do so, appear in person at the Service Office shown below. Bring your passport and three recent photos of the same type as on your present alien card (if needed, exact specifications may be obtained from the Service office shown below). Your new alien registration receipt card will be mailed to you within six months. You should not travel outside the United States before receiving your new card unless you have first received a passport endorsement from this Service indicating that your new card is being processed.

INS OFFICE:

U.S. DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE
    U.S. IMMIGRATION AND NATURALIZATION
    JF KENNEDY FED BLDG
    J.F.K. FEDERAL BLDG.
    ROOM E-160
    BOSTON MA 022030000

Sincerely,

Evelyn Upchurch
    DIRECTOR

Thanks Injoy and Sphyrapicus3. I'm kinda relived now but mine was written on the actual I-797 letter head. I campared it with the old letter and they look exactly the same except that the new one came from the Department of Homeland Security instead of the Department of US Justice.

I'm so confused now if I can just disregard this letter like Injoy said. Does any of you know if this will delay the approval of I-751?

Injoy and Spyrapicus3, are you dealing with TSC and when were your NOA for I-751?

rxdot,

The *real* approval letter comes on plain white paper. If it's on I-797 NOA letterhead then that is NOT an approval letter.

If you file a change of address during a pending I-751, there is a glitch in the system that sends out the false approval letter. It means nothing. Just ignore it.

I sent my I-751 to TSC on 4/16/03, moved 3/10/04, received false approval letter in May/04 and *real* approval letter in late June/04.

Take it logically, it would be impossible for you to be sent a green card in 3 weeks. You haven't even been processed - you need to submit new photos, get a fingerprint, sign the I-89, get your passport stamped, etc.

Don't be confused. You just received the false approval that is generated by accident following a change in address. I'm not sure how much more I can be clear about this.

It does not delay your approval. I received mine one month after receiving the fake approval.

See: http://discuss.ilw.com/eve/forums?a=...11#14810841711

Michael
    THIS IS MORE LIKE IT !

Here's what a *real* denial letter says:

United States Department of Justice
    Immigration and Naturalization Service

Notice of denial of Removal of Conditional Basis of Lawful Permanent Residence

File Number: ***-***-***
    Date of Decision: 06/23/2004
    New Classification Symbol: IR6
    Admission Date: 07/16/2001

Your request for the removal of the conditional basis of your permanent resident status has been denied on the grounds of unlawfully entering a marriage for the sole purpose of procuring an immigration benefit. You are hereby ordered to depart the country no 07/23/2001 or face arrest.

INS OFFICE:

U.S. DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE
    U.S. IMMIGRATION AND NATURALIZATION
    Jacob Javits Federal Building
    26 Broadway
    New York, NY

Sincerely,

Michael Schmitt
    DIRECTOR

Michael; my wife received the same letter.