50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: long story do i need i601

i went for my interview few days ago and on e of the reqrment by the adjudicator was that i have to file an i601
    my case is kinda unique becse i had a removal or deportation case and this was rescinded by the immigration judge on my
    i was caught working illegally and i got married after this incident i hired a lawyer and provided all evidence required the judge instructed me to file an i 130 which was approved and latter an i 485 and latter my removal case was dropped without prejudice
    my wife is a us citizen
    i had my interview and was asked to file an i601 to prove extreme hardship i currently have a gut feeling that the adjudicator might have been wrong given that i did come to this country legally on an f1 and i though overstays are usually counted from the day you are aprehended
    my presence has been legal for most of my life here about 11years and the only record i have is a DWI
    CAN SOMEONE PLEASE SHARE THEIR OPINIONS ON MY CASE or email me on tray_moi@yahoo.com

i went for my interview few days ago and on e of the reqrment by the adjudicator was that i have to file an i601
    my case is kinda unique becse i had a removal or deportation case and this was rescinded by the immigration judge on my
    i was caught working illegally and i got married after this incident i hired a lawyer and provided all evidence required the judge instructed me to file an i 130 which was approved and latter an i 485 and latter my removal case was dropped without prejudice
    my wife is a us citizen
    i had my interview and was asked to file an i601 to prove extreme hardship i currently have a gut feeling that the adjudicator might have been wrong given that i did come to this country legally on an f1 and i though overstays are usually counted from the day you are aprehended
    my presence has been legal for most of my life here about 11years and the only record i have is a DWI
    CAN SOMEONE PLEASE SHARE THEIR OPINIONS ON MY CASE or email me on tray_moi@yahoo.com

Why do you need a waiver? The DUI shouldn't be the reason for the waiver and you don't mention any other convictions or grounds of inadmissibility. If you were told to file a waiver and you think you shouldn't, talk to your attorney and find out what's going on.
    (this is not legal advice).

I agree. Unless astute missed some critical information, then I don't see a need for a waiver either. The prior removal was dismissed. He is now married and adjusting through his marriage to a US citizen, having been inspected upon entry and the unauthorised work should be forgiven. The DWI shouldn't be reason for any removal.

I suspect he doesn't have the lawyer. But I would suggest that he confer with him again, also as my hunch is that either the AO isn't familiar with the INA or the prior removal order was not rescinded properly.
    The above is simply an opinion. Your mileage may vary. For immigration issues, please consult an immigration attorney.

Absolutely. Even if you look at it from the "discretion" point of view, there's more than enough causes where a DUI has been no impediment for AOS, specially old convictions showing rehabilitation involving immediate relatives. There must be something else , or maybe the DUI itself is an aggravated AZ conviction and the officer is applying Lopez-Mesa.. Who knows...
    (This is not legal advice).

sappyconifer & Houston you guys are correct. The Officer is mixingup this case to prolong without knowledged of INA.

sappyconifer and Houston any comments on the following pending case.
    I just came know a case which is as follows:
    Father filed I-130 petition before April 31, 2001 for his daughter over 21 years of age when he was an LPR. Before April 31, 2001, he also tryed to file I-485 to Register as Permanent Residece which was returned by the Dist. Office saying attached the copy of an approved I-130, father informed the DO that he is applying to register his daughter as a Permanent Residence so she can AOS they did not replay to his letter and retuned the I-485 with the check. After some time daughter stop attending school near about three years now.
    Father had become US Citizen in August 06, and upgraded the Petition which will be approved in few weeks forn today.
    Any comments, will be appreciated
    Family did have some problem with his former government since he was working for US federal Government which he had already mentioned in his letter to uscis which should be in his file.
    In my opinion, since the girl enter us legaly, and due to the problem explain above should be sufficient evidence for refiling I-485 when I-130 is approved.

I wouldn't be so quick to blame CIS, we don't know if the OP has other relevant issues he failed to disclose.