publisher - over
50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Question for Sunita or anyone else that follows the Visa Bulletin boards closely

Sunita or others, my mother is going to be naturalized in a few months and I'm currently 22. From what I've read, I can not be held as an immediate relative of a US Citizen parent because she naturalized past my 21st birthday (have their been any ammendments to this?) So, I'm wondering what I should do.

Should I request that I stay under 2A or should I go to F-1? Which do you think would reach my priority date of September 27, 2002 sooner? F-1 seems to have been lagging 2A for the longest time.

The last time that I saw the Priority dates on the bulletin board hovering close to mine, September 27, 2002, was in the April bulletin: http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bu...etin_2847.html

This is for 2A. Sunita, on another thread you said that you think that October will bring a change of visa availability. What month an year do you estimate that it will pick up on? do you think it'll pick up after the March 2002 date?

Sunita or others, my mother is going to be naturalized in a few months and I'm currently 22. From what I've read, I can not be held as an immediate relative of a US Citizen parent because she naturalized past my 21st birthday (have their been any ammendments to this?) So, I'm wondering what I should do.

Should I request that I stay under 2A or should I go to F-1? Which do you think would reach my priority date of September 27, 2002 sooner? F-1 seems to have been lagging 2A for the longest time.

The last time that I saw the Priority dates on the bulletin board hovering close to mine, September 27, 2002, was in the April bulletin: http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bu...etin_2847.html

This is for 2A. Sunita, on another thread you said that you think that October will bring a change of visa availability. What month an year do you estimate that it will pick up on? do you think it'll pick up after the March 2002 date?
    "You can't win all the time, but you also can't lose forever."

Would be nice to see some replies.

Hi Patrick,if you are from India or world-wide countries then yes go for F1 and no it will probably take some time for them to advance to your PD that's why there was a retrogression in the first place.

I'm from Nigeria. From what I've seen, the i-130 for F1 is moving behind hte i-130 for 2A. It seems to have been doing this for a year or so now. Why then should I move up to f-1?

I really appreciate your response.

If your thinking that I should move up to f-1 because of speed factors, how much quicker would you estimate that f-1 would be in the upcomming time than the 2A?

Upping for replies to my question.

Patrick you cannot get a visa in 2A for you are over 21yrs and as your mom is a citizen then by the law you have to upgrade your petition.She cannot be a citizen and still file for you as a green card holder.

I've read that there's something in the Age out law that allows the person being petitioned for to make the decision of if they want to remain in their former preference. Also, have you read the AGE out law? I wouldn't drop to 2b just because I turned 21.

Here's a link to the law: http://www.nilc.org/immlawpolicy/obtainlpr/oblpr080.htm