free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: immigration

ok my husband is in jail because of immigration... he has one felony that happend at 2001 ..it was because of shoplifting because he was with his friend s when his friend was stealing .. he is in jail from oct 30 and i just wona know how long is gonna take for judge to see him.. and will he be deported back..

ok my husband is in jail because of immigration... he has one felony that happend at 2001 ..it was because of shoplifting because he was with his friend s when his friend was stealing .. he is in jail from oct 30 and i just wona know how long is gonna take for judge to see him.. and will he be deported back..

What status is he in? Legal or illegal? A felony for shoplifting is a bit unusual. It's usually a misdemeanor unless something else happened or the State considers it a felony.
    "What you see in the photograph isn't what you saw at the time. The real skill of photography is organized visual lying."

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Brit4064:
    What status is he in? Legal or illegal? A felony for shoplifting is a bit unusual. It's usually a misdemeanor unless something else happened or the State considers it a felony. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm guessing he is illegal and probably had a traffic stop or something and his status was discovered, thus the arrest. If that's the case, he's most likely going to be deported.

He will be in jail for months or years. Out of luck.

If he is mere illegal he will spend in jail max of 60 days (i think that's routine time to process before deportation), unless he is a Muslim or something.
    Then they will put him in bus or airplane out of US. End of story.
    http://www.anbsoft.com/images/usflag_med.jpg

"...I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should 'make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibit

ok he is legal here ... he has all papers that he needs to be in US ... this is what happen he was with his friend at mall and i guess his friend was stealing and of course my husband was with him...they arrest them and thats how is has a felony.. but here where we are shoplifting is felony... before they took him he was driving and police pulled him over and his drives lances was suspendend ond he had a court next day a judge told him he had hold on another agency,,,

Cakana: It would appear that you husband needs to choose his friends a little more carefully. With a felony conviction, it is almost certain that he will be deported to his country of origin.

...isn't it ironic that it's ALWAYS the "friends" who are stealing/driving drunk/beating up their wives, etc., when people are caught.

In any event, it seems like he has overstayed his welcome in America...and that's one less felon that we have to worry about.

You don't need a felony to be placed in removal procedures any longer - some misdemeanors will result in the same.

You need a good attorney, cakana.

Also, don't waste your time here. Visit http://immigrate2us.net or http://visajourney.com - you'll get actual advice without the judgment, nastiness and deliberately false misinformation that's rife here.

Good luck
    The whole of life is but a moment of time. It is our duty, therefore to use it, not to misuse it - Plutarch