free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Naturalization interview passes but no decision yet

I Had interview for naturalization yesterday at 26 federal Plaza in NY Before i went there i was very excited because i thought i will become a US Citizen today i was planing to go to india .but when i went there young lady officer called me she took me to interview room . she asked me few question, she gave me a paper to read a paraph then she asked me to write " You cook food very well" then she she asked me 6 question. She asked me to sign few paper after that all, she said you all done. then she gave me a result paper that says You Passed English test, Government and history test
    and then checked the line you will recieve a decision in mail when i saw that i got shocked because i was expecting a oath date .
    Now please some one can tell me in that case how long it takes to recieve the letter and if some one recieve that how that work out
    Becuase every thing went through very good finger print done 4 months ago so all formalities should be done by now
    please reply that be appriciate.
    Chilana

I Had interview for naturalization yesterday at 26 federal Plaza in NY Before i went there i was very excited because i thought i will become a US Citizen today i was planing to go to india .but when i went there young lady officer called me she took me to interview room . she asked me few question, she gave me a paper to read a paraph then she asked me to write " You cook food very well" then she she asked me 6 question. She asked me to sign few paper after that all, she said you all done. then she gave me a result paper that says You Passed English test, Government and history test
    and then checked the line you will recieve a decision in mail when i saw that i got shocked because i was expecting a oath date .
    Now please some one can tell me in that case how long it takes to recieve the letter and if some one recieve that how that work out
    Becuase every thing went through very good finger print done 4 months ago so all formalities should be done by now
    please reply that be appriciate.
    Chilana

Hi Chilana,

Welcome to the forum. Give it a few weeks. Not all cases are handled the same way. Hopefully, they will send the letter with the date of your oath ceremony soon!!! Good luck!

Thanks for reply
    i have tension because officer said we will mail you decision in mail. i passed the test but what could be the region to not decide and how long it will take

The same thing happened to me at the interview and I got the letter a week later. My oath date was 3 weeks after the interview.

So, you have nothing to worry about. You just have to wait.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Chilana:
    Thanks For reply </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wishing you the best, Chilana! You'll be okay. Please come back and tell us when you've become a citizen!!!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Chilana:
    Thanks for reply
    i have tension because officer said we will mail you decision in mail. i passed the test but what could be the region to not decide and how long it will take </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is all dirty tricks of Democrats. Please make sure you pass the word within your family who is eligible to vote that Republicans are the best, they work hard and get things done as opposed to lazy Democrats. Have them vote for McCain for expedited results. Care for your new country, care for your family. Vote McCain.
    If Democrats Had Any Brains, They'd Be Republicans

Democrats - Brave enough to KILL our unborn, just NOT our ENEMIES!

Yes they say that on all petitions no mater how well you did They wont just say hey your oath papers etc are in the mail and you did great it they issued you a receipts number usually starts with msc you can track the status/progress of your case if your background is clear and she said you passed the test you just have to wait a few weeks,,, see if they issued you a receipt number if not sure call immigration on the 1-800 no and give them the details that you have available and they can help you out :-) thye may say its pending if so that means they are just working on the paperwork as the process thousands of applications daily <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Chilana:
    Thanks for reply
    i have tension because officer said we will mail you decision in mail. i passed the test but what could be the region to not decide and how long it will take </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Regards and thanks,
    Mary Josephine :-)

Chilana, here is some information on what to do after becoming a new Citizen..

What to do after the Ceremony

How to apply for US passport
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    God Bless America - God Bless Immigrants - God Bless Poor Misguided Souls Too

National Domestic Violence Hotline:
    1.800.799.SAFE (7233) 1.800.787.