publisher - over
50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: what is background checks in fiance visa?

i had my interview for fiance visa, and at the end of interview he said me to wait, coz they have to do some "back ground checks".

kindly tell me what does these checks mean.as me and my finace r too anxious to be together, and have been put to wait.

they gave me a letter and my passport.
    the letter which they gave me, says they have to do further administrative processing on our case.

Kindly tell me what they exactly meant.and what ll be next, when we ll hear from them.

it ll be really nice of you.

i had my interview for fiance visa, and at the end of interview he said me to wait, coz they have to do some "back ground checks".

kindly tell me what does these checks mean.as me and my finace r too anxious to be together, and have been put to wait.

they gave me a letter and my passport.
    the letter which they gave me, says they have to do further administrative processing on our case.

Kindly tell me what they exactly meant.and what ll be next, when we ll hear from them.

it ll be really nice of you.

Background checks are just that....they check into your background. If you are who you say you are and you are and have never been a criminal or anything you shouldn't be worried.

hmm... they gave me same answer as well.
    m wondering y.

Can you please explain, why they felt it necessary, or why it is required. Or is it just a new policy which is applied to all?

Is there somebody else, who have also been asked for 45 days background check? Or do you know somebody with this situation???

Dont they do the background checks before interview??
    As i m unable to understand y they want to do it again, and have put us on hold.

Is it just check for criminal activities, or they want to check about our relation too?

We r too much frustrated and upset with this situation. Kindly help us if u can.

Lots of thanks

I think they started doing this after 9/11, to prevent terrorism or something like that. If you've done nothing wrong then you can relax.

hi capriono...

its another formality that everyone has to go through...my all friends got their visa only after background check ... even people filing AOS those are already in USA go through the same system...so there is nothing new in it... dont worry... once ur background check is cleared...they will let u know and put a visa stamp in your passport...just be patient and wait.... u might find lots of other posts about background check on this board for your own satisfaction.... if i find i shall let u know....background check might take from 2 months up to 1 year...good luck...Pasha

I always thought that the background check was done only once the person applies for AOS after getting married on a K-visa?

I dont know why counsler officer stamped my passport and returned it to me, I thought he ll keep it with me, till they do the back ground check. He should have told me if rest is all fine or not? But anyways

ll love to talk to somebody who had applied for fiance visa, and then had to go through checks after having interview.

if you could refer somebody?

are you done with the background check or not?
    how long have you gone throught that?
    where did you make the interview?

the background check is about the person if he has done something wrong or illegal or not?

no worries as long as you are ok