free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Advance Parole I-131

Advance Parole I-131

I received my Advance Parole two paper with my picture on it.
    I have few question if they send me two paper is that means I can travel twice or one I keep and the other the immigration officer at port of entry will take when I enter the U.S.
    If I want to travel should I take both copies with me or just one?
    Does the immigration officer stamp my advance parole paper and passport when I enter the U.S. Thanks?

Advance Parole I-131

I received my Advance Parole two paper with my picture on it.
    I have few question if they send me two paper is that means I can travel twice or one I keep and the other the immigration officer at port of entry will take when I enter the U.S.
    If I want to travel should I take both copies with me or just one?
    Does the immigration officer stamp my advance parole paper and passport when I enter the U.S. Thanks?

You got 2 copies because if you travel too often (as it is my case) you will run out of room on the first one. The officer at the port of entry may want to keep the original. Ask them to make a copy and return the original to you. It will not hurt if you have both originals in you in case you lose one but you don't need to show both to the officer. He will stamp both your passport and you Advanced Parole. When you get to the port of entry the immigration officer will take all your papers and send you to a separate room for "secondary inspection". Don't panic, the fact is that the regular immigration officers do not handle people with Advanced Parole so they send you for a secondary inspection.

Depika, What is your state of residence, and port of departue.

Make a photo copies of your documents received from USCIS, complete sets of papers for Inspector at port of departure. Let us know about your secondary inspection, and questions they ask.
    If you are traveling to India, you should know that Indian Immigration have no idea what is this Advanced Parole is.
    After few days call the US Embassy/Consulate and ask them that you need a letter to the Local Immigration Office to say it is OK for you to travel on the Advance Parole papers.
    Other wise they will not allow you to board the plan.
    Now a days they ask for one/two lack to let you go. through the immigration. be care full, take care and have a safe trip.

Depika,,
    even you received your AP you have big risk involved in your case , think twice before travelling... Because you have case in AAO and so forth.
    Its a discussion, not a legal advise..

Hi Tedun;
    Thank you for your previous answer. I still have few questions in mind:
    1-How many times I can travel with one advance parole paper, based on your travel experience how many stamp one paper can accommodate.
    2-If I want to travel with one advance parole paper and keep the second paper with my family in America, is this problem, do you think the immigration officer at port of entry will ask for second paper. I want to keep the second one with my family in America just in case I lost the one with me then I can call them to send me the second advance parole.
    3-You said the officer at the port of entry may want to keep the original. Ask them to make a copy and return the original to you. I thought there is a standard procedure all immigration officers will follow, why do you think some officer might keep the original advance parole. You travel too often how many times the immigration officer kept the original advance parole paper and how many time they returned it to you.
    4-If I ask then to make a copy and return the original one for you. Do you think I might make them angry to tell them that and it might delay processing my entry paper?
    5-At port of entry when the officer sends me to secondary inspection room, what I should expect there, like what kind of question they ask and how long it will take to finish the process. What kind of problem you think the holder of advance Parole might encounter at the secondary inspection room.
    6-I will be traveling to Canada and returning back to U.S through Toronto Pearson international airport, so my U.S immigration processing will be done at Toronto airport by U.S immigration officer, do you have any experience with Toronto U.S immigration handling advance parole, and is there a separate secondary inspection room there.
    I appreciate your response and any answer from any body used advance parole travel documents.

To tedun
    How long it took you to receive your advance parole document. Thanks

1. I believe they stamped my 1st original 4 times and then it ran out of room so they asked for the 2nd original. At that time they kept the 1st original and said it goes in my file.
    2. Very good idea about keeping your 2nd original at home. I used to carry 2 of the originals with me and kept the 3rd one at home
    3. I don't have personal experience of officer requesting to keep the original. It happened to my collegue though. She told the officer she did not have another original and insisted that they make a copy and return the original to her.
    4. Be polite, tell them that this is the only original you have and you will have no problems.
    5. It depends which port of entry you go to. I have no experience with Toronto. The first time I used my AP I entered from JFK. Bad idea!!! The room for secondary inspection was crowded with other passangers. Officers were very unpleasant. I had to wait an hour to be called. It took less than 2 min to have my papers stamped. My AOS is employer based so they asked me where I worked, what kind of job I do, how long I have been with the company, on what visa I entered US originally (It helped that I have never been out of status, has not changed employers etc.). Next couple of times I entered US at the Philadelphia airport and it goes like a breeze. Not many travellers, very nice officers. After the second time they don't even question me, just stamp my papers and let me go. Last time they even reminded me not to forget to renew my AP because it is expiring in August.
    It took me about a month to get my AP. RD was July 19, 2004 and I got it some time in August (VCS)
    GOod luck

Thank tedun; you said
    2. Very good idea about keeping your 2nd original at home. I used to carry 2 of the originals with me and kept the 3rd one at home

The USCIS at Missouri service center gave me two original advance paroles; it looks like in your case they gave you 3 original advance paroles.
    Do you know why some people get two and others get three? Do you think they made a mistake with me and instead give me three advance paroles they gave me two?
    I'm from a country whose citizen should register before deporting the U.S and also should register after returning. Do you think it might be a different procedure for me?
    Thanks tedun

I have no idea but I would not worry much about it. I don't think USCIS is very consistant in what they do. We are in differente service centers, maybe this explains the different number of originals.
    I have no experience about the registration requirement you mentioned.