free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NATURALIZATION

just want to ask ,if it is required to work in the US to be able to qualify for naturalization? is it allright if a person only work for 1 year out of 5 years. and how long should a person stay in the US , to be able to meet the requirements?

tnx in advance hope someone can help me out ...

just want to ask ,if it is required to work in the US to be able to qualify for naturalization? is it allright if a person only work for 1 year out of 5 years. and how long should a person stay in the US , to be able to meet the requirements?

tnx in advance hope someone can help me out ...

Guide to Naturalization can be found here:

http://www.uscis.gov/files/article/M-476.pdf

I don't believe work is required. The rules for residency if you are applying after five years of residency - you can't be outside the US more than 30 months. If applying under the three- year rule, no more than 18 months outside the US.

Hope this helps.

one close friend was laid off few months before he was called for the US Cit Test and since he wanted to make sure no chance for turning him down with current no employment, he hired a lawyer and brought with him, 2nd he was registered with small college for the purpose of upgrading his IT degree. period. everything went well and he was natur'lized few weeks after his test. the worst if wut anyone can do is to show them they are jobless or on any Govt assistant program' wish u best of luck dear'

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ProudUSC:
    Guide to Naturalization can be found here:

http://www.uscis.gov/files/article/M-476.pdf

I don't believe work is required. The rules for residency if you are applying after five years of residency - you can't be outside the US more than 30 months. If applying under the three- year rule, no more than 18 months outside the US.

Hope this helps. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Requirement is staying in the US. Working or not working has nothing to do with your eligibility for Naturalization.

thank you so much for all the INFO , really appreciate it ! GOD BLESS TO ALL OF US !

ill be applying for naturalization after 2 years , can i go to my native country for 5 mos to take some units ? will it affect my GC ? is it OK if the reason for traveling for 5 months is to study and vacation at the sametime ? will they question me at the airport when i return ? how long should i stay in the US to be able to qualify for naturalization . hope some one can enlighten me , TNX in advance.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">The rules for residency if you are applying after five years of residency - you can't be outside the US more than 30 months. If applying under the three- year rule, no more than 18 months outside the US. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This was in my first reply, Tin. You can't be out of the country longer than 6 months per year up to the time of naturalization.

can a person travel 5 months per year ? is he still qualify for naturalization .