free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Another FINGERprints notice ???

Hi Everyone !!!
    I have been stuck in FBI name check for over 19 months and I just received a notice to get my fingerprints taken again. (I had them done in 2006 when I first filed the case). Could this mean "FBI name check" is cleared? Or is it routine check up?

Does anyone know what this could mean???

By the way: It is regarding I-485 (G/C) through marriage. Passed interview. All was filed in 06/2006. On line status still says pending.

Please respond...
    Thanks,
    Tomek.

Hi Everyone !!!
    I have been stuck in FBI name check for over 19 months and I just received a notice to get my fingerprints taken again. (I had them done in 2006 when I first filed the case). Could this mean "FBI name check" is cleared? Or is it routine check up?

By the way: It is regarding I-485 (G/C) through marriage. Passed interview. All was filed in 06/2006. On line status still says pending.

Please respond...
    Thanks,
    Tomek.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tomek:
    Hi Everyone !!!

Please respond...
    Thanks,
    Tomek. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Tomek - not sure at what point you submitted your fingerprints, but please see below. It looks like they don't want them until they request them. Hope this helps. Good luck!

Fingerprint Instructions for All Immigration Benefits Applicants

For all Immigration benefits applications requiring an FD-258 fingerprint check filed with USCIS after March 29, 1998:

1. Do not submit a completed fingerprint card (FD-258) with your application. Your application will be accepted without the fingerprint card attached. If you submit a completed fingerprint card with your application on or after March 29, 1998, the card will be rejected and you will be scheduled to be fingerprinted by USCIS.
    2. Do submit fee, in addition to the application fee, payable to USCIS, with your application. The fee is noted at the top of our Forms and Fees page. This charge will cover the cost for you to be fingerprinted by USCIS.
    3. After USCIS receives your application, USCIS will provide you with an appointment letter with the location of the nearest USCIS authorized fingerprint site. Please read the instructions in the appointment letter, and take it to USCIS authorized fingerprint site when you go to your fingerprint appointment.

Exceptions:

Applicants and petitioners residing abroad who are fingerprinted at a United States consular or military installation abroad do not need to be fingerprinted by USCIS and are exempt from the fingerprint fee. These applicants and petitioners must file their completed card at the time their application or petition is filed.
    Individuals filing Form I-589, "Application for Asylum and for Withholding of Removal," I-817 "Application for Voluntary Departure," I-821 "Application for Temporary Protected Status," I-600 "Immigrant Petition for Orphan (Adoption)," or I-600A "Advance Processing; Immigrant Petition for Orphan (Adoption)" are entitled to special exceptions to the above requirements. Please see the special instructions accompanying these forms for details.

Hi ProudUSC,

Thank you for your response. I have read something similar to your response somewhere else. However I don't think this is the issue in my case.
    I know that USCIS doesn't want anybody's fingerprints till they request them but they will take (want) the fee - when someone files a case for the first time. Later on that person gets a letter in the mail to come to the scheduled location.
    I have gone through this in June of 2006. But now i just received another letter from USCIS (this time from local office - where i went for my interview and not from processing location which is in MO). I read on another website that often when USCIS is ready to proceed with issuing GC but fingerprints are older then 15 months - they will request them to be updated before making a decision.

I am hoping that someone else out there had similar experiance and can share it with me.

Thanks ProudUSC,
    Tomek.

You're quite welcome, Tomek. I don't have any experience with this because I'm a USC, but I always try to help. Lots of luck!

Tomek:

I applied for citizenship and fingerprints was taken 14 months ago.No decision has been made on my file yet.I'm also wondering whether i will be scheduled for another fingerprinting or not ( 15 months rule).

Hi Tomek
    I am in the same kinda situation as you. I filed in Feb 06 an was fingerprinted in April 06 an Interviewed May 06 but pending due to FBI Namecheck. After many different inquries at USCIS at my last infopass appointment I was informed my local office no longer redoes fingerprints until a namecheck is completed as it cost USCIS too much money to continuely put people through the process even if their fingerprints expired. Shortly after Christmas I recieved a notice to redo my fingerprints which were done a week ago an now I am sitting waiting for something to say I am approved. My original fingerprints expired last year in July. So I guess time will tell if they were telling me the truth. I am hoping an praying they did. Goodluck an I will keep you posted if I hear anything.