50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: 555

First off I am not an attorney and have never gone through consular filing, but the same remains for most filings.

1. You need evidences of how you met, etc. Pictures that were taken during your cermeony, etc. If you do not have these in your interview you will be asked for more documentation.

2. you definately need a co-sponser. This has to be someone that is willing to support him for 10 years, etc. Not a fly-by-night kind of thing. Without this sponser your application will be denied. P.S. If you are including his two children your sponser will have to be able to support them as well, so you will need a sponser (one sponser) for three people...this ups the stakes as to who can afford to sponser 3 people.

3. Medicaid will not effect your husband's case, as long as you now have a sponser for him.

4. If you are filing for his children (by the way where is their mother? If she is not deceased or there is no court order stting that his children can be taken from his country without her this can get sticky) I believe if they are minor and must travel with him they go on the same form.

As an aside, I understand that you do not have funds to see an attorney, however I would check with your local listings to see if there are any free cinsultations or charity organizations that can help you with this.

Good Luck!

Unfortunately I would almost have to agree to the fact that your husbands case may need a attorney in order for it to be approved. Now the sponser has to make 125% above the poverty level for the amount of peopple that they are going to support. You can find this out on the USCIS website I believe, if not hopefully another poster can give a website for you. As for proving that your marriage is real, that comes at the interview...do not worry about that right now. First things first, you need to get together all the documents you need to file and find a sponser for your husband. Also how come you have not been working for th epast 7 years (you don't need to answer me, but INS will ask.) Good luck!

Jasmin,

In 1991 I was married in costa rica, and did all of the filing and paperwork from costa rica. Let me tell you that the consulars in costa rica were wonderful! I know alot has changed in the past 12 years, but I had an excellent experience. My biggest problems were caused by myself (married in a small town, not knowing about needing a sponsor.. I was only 19 at the time) Even with my lack of knowledge, we completed everything in 3 months. ((It would have taken about a month if I was prepared). Also in regard to the children, Costa Rica has very strict laws in regard to travel to the United States. As long as he is the only guardian, put the kids on your application, he will most likely need to provide her death certificate in order to leave the country. You will need to collect travel receipts, phone bills etc. Also any rent reciepts, invoices of purchases made together while you were living in costa rica. Copies of your stamped passport. File here in the USA if you are living here permanently, if you try to file down in costa rica, they can review your file after several months of waiting, only to tell you you have to resubmit everything here in the USA where you live.( A consular advised me of that very recently via a phone inquiry). In regard to sponsorship, my mother sponsored my husband, she mailed and fax down her previous three year tax returns, and a signed affadavit of support. Good luck to you, if you have any questions or just want to talk my email is gemini23nj@aol.com