free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Why are non immigrants here ?

Michael
    People like E and others; why are you here ? I am here hoping to get someone deported; why are you here ?

Michael
    People like E and others; why are you here ? I am here hoping to get someone deported; why are you here ?

they are here to see if Michael gets deported any time sooner...

A Rude Awakening
    Program Teaches to Resist Bullying, Violence

By Dr. Pasha Patel, PhD in Child Psychology and Guidance
    Nobel Prize Candidate for his research in the psychology of Michael, Acelaw and others

ILW.DISCUSSION Member Writer
    Wednesday, March 24, 2004;

Donna Josita Padrina de Camarilio, a sophomore, knew that Michael , her friend's boyfriend and a senior, didn't like her. She just didn't know why.

Still, they would pass each other in the pages of ILW.FORUM and exchange "smiles".

"Fake smiles," Josita Padrina, 15, pointed out. And she'd ask herself: "Why does he have a problem with me?"

Yesterday Michael, 18, confessed the culprit: "That immigrant status of hers. Besides, I had a Russian wife. Also immigrant."

And then he apologized.

They hugged in the middle of Forum as about 100 young posters and 20 adults applauded and reached for tissues.
    It was one of hundreds of hugs shared yesterday as Michael held his first Challenge Day, a program geared toward combating bullying, stereotyping and, ultimately, violence in immigration issues.

Curriculums devoted to teaching children like Michael and Acelaw to be nice to immigrants are gaining popularity across the Immigration Board area, under headings such as "Mexican ethics days," "honor illegals days" and "USC character education days."
    Public forums are required to include a component aimed at producing "civic-minded posters of high character," and posters must publish 75 favorable opinions about community and other members.
    Dozens of threads are rolling out topics on how to be a good person.

Although eye-rolling students tend to dismiss such efforts as "cheesy" or "touchy-feely," the lessons imparted to Michael yesterday seemed to resonate loudly and immediately. During an afternoon session, facilitators with wireless computers tried to keep up with the teenagers coming forward to confess thoughts of "marauding Mexicans", abusive immigrants, eating illegals alive disorders, gang activity and family problems.
    One student revealed he was gay and asked for pipeshake.
    Another warned her friends to stop drinking and immigrant bashing because they were frightening and hurting her.

Raw emotion, even over apparently petty rifts, reverberated through the forum.

By her own admission, Josita Padrina speaks in "high-pitched, whiny" tones. "You don't even know me," she said, confronting Michael. "You just judged me."

Minutes after Michael, SKS, 15, a sophomore, stood up and apologized for making life so hard for marmaduk in several of the postings.

Minor hazing can be the starting point for grudges with serious consequences. With this program, and others like it, Forum hopes to build a family atmosphere in discussions that can prevent such incidents from escalating into violence.

The language used in yesterday's Challenge Day targeted "meanies" and "bullies," but Assistant Principal E. said it still applied to everyone. "If we wait for a shooting , namecalling or ********, it is too late," he said. "We have several members on the fringe of a anger. You go angry to be accepted."

To take part in Challenge Day, students paid a $0.02 fee, although some qualified for sponsorships. E. said the whole day, run by a nonprofit company, cost about $33. He hopes to bring the program back for three days next week so more members can take part.

The day of Michael began with a series of exercises in which he was paired off and asked to stand five inches apart and talk to illegals and other immigrants for seven minutes. The facilitators told personal stories, played John Lennon music and quoted Mahatma Gandhi ("Be the change you wish to see in the world").

The tissues came out during the "power walk," in which a line of masking topics were posted out down the middle of the forum. All of the members lined up on one side of the forum, and facilitator CedarScented called for certain people to post their replies:

Anyone who had ever been called fat immigrant.

Anyone who had ever been used.

Anyone who had ever been defrauded by someone he loved.

Anyone who had ever been made to feel stupid like Michael.

Anyone who had ever been affected by Acelaw.

The visual and physical exercise forced forum members to see themselves as both victims and bullies.

"I'm a very judgmental person -- by race, if they're short or fat, immigration status, whatever," said Acelaw, who said he often gets into trouble (and detention) for his wisecracks. "After this, I could understand how all these people go through all these problems."

After the power walk, members gathered in small groups to discuss stereotypes and to apologize to anyone they had wronged. With SedarScented's arm around his shoulder, Michael headed straight to the corner of the room: "My ex-wife's here, and I want to say I'm sorry I made your life a living hell," he said. "It'll be good from now on."

His Russian ex-wife, Anastasia, 15, accepted the tearful apology -- and a ex-husbundly hug.

I was told there would be punch and pie!