Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LULAC (Newman) Interview

dear all:

i would like to know if somebody who is in the same situation as i am would be able to help me on this one. if you are, or know something about what i should do about my situation, i would really appreciate your help.

i applied for status as a temporary resident under the LULAC (Newman) settlement last august. i just received a letter today that my interview will be in september. i would like to know what i would be asked in the interview.

i came to the US on a student visa in 1976. i worked without INS permission while i was a student from 1978 to 1982. i was working fulltime as a waiter in an indian restaurant when i should have been studying fulltime. i left for two weeks to india in may 1983 and came back to the US on a student visa.

when i applied for amnesty in 1987, i was told that i was not eligible because i had left the US for the two weeks in may 1983 and had come back on a student visa. (my I-94 was valid for until 1988.) however, under the LULAC (Newman) settlement, i am now eligible to apply for temporary residency.

what would i be asked during the interview?

what should i bring to the interview? the letter told me to bring all the original documents that i had sent in as part of my application package.

thank you in advance for your help.

arvind

dear all:

i would like to know if somebody who is in the same situation as i am would be able to help me on this one. if you are, or know something about what i should do about my situation, i would really appreciate your help.

i applied for status as a temporary resident under the LULAC (Newman) settlement last august. i just received a letter today that my interview will be in september. i would like to know what i would be asked in the interview.

i came to the US on a student visa in 1976. i worked without INS permission while i was a student from 1978 to 1982. i was working fulltime as a waiter in an indian restaurant when i should have been studying fulltime. i left for two weeks to india in may 1983 and came back to the US on a student visa.

when i applied for amnesty in 1987, i was told that i was not eligible because i had left the US for the two weeks in may 1983 and had come back on a student visa. (my I-94 was valid for until 1988.) however, under the LULAC (Newman) settlement, i am now eligible to apply for temporary residency.

what would i be asked during the interview?

what should i bring to the interview? the letter told me to bring all the original documents that i had sent in as part of my application package.

thank you in advance for your help.

arvind

Hi
    I'm in the same situation with you but i am still waiting on my Temp. Employment card. Did you fill out the form to apply for the LULAC application yourself or your lawyer helped you? I wish you good luck and you can look at the previous discussion on the board about people that did the interview already. Good luck.
    abby

hi abby,

i used an immigration lawyer who helped me in filling out the application. he's a "newly-minted" immigration lawyer doing some pro bono work with the community that i live in. he's a great guy but he doesn't know too much about the LULAC (Newman) settlement so he told me to find out more about the interview in discussion board on this website.

i applied last august and i had my fingerprints and picture taken in september. my EAD arrived in november. this was rather quick from what i was told. anyway, i finally got a letter the other day telling me that my interview would be coming up in september.

arvind

an addendum to my previous note.

the irony of this whole thing is that i also applied for LIFE in 2001 and i haven't heard anything to this date!

when i look at my case status on the CIS website, it tells me that "my package is complete and my application is being processed." and it's been 4 years and counting!

i applied for LULAC (Newman) settlement last year and i'm getting an interview a year later.

this is so very strange.

Thank you for the information. Will you be going with your lawyer for the interview? I will advise you go with your lawyer in case of any problem. Please let me know how the interview goes, so that i can get ready for mine. Don't worry about the LIFE, i heard nobody is getting any response from that. Take care and Good luck again.
    abby

You can also look on this board on july 11 by indybala. He wrote about his interview. I hope that will help you
    abby

Previous Topic | Next Topic powered by groupee community
    Please Wait. Your request is being processed...
    [x]

Sitediscuss.ilw.com
    Servleteve2da002
    Version1.2.10 build 54
    ModuleForums 4.0.3
    Stylesheet"Arie's 2nd"
    Wordlet Set"Default Wordlet Set"
    Logout: discuss.ilw.com
    Update Groupee Account Reply

Hi, I am new on this forum.
    I applied for LIFE in 2001 Interviewed on2003 no answer.
    Interviewed again in 2004 nice interview no answer again.
    last month they sent a letter not enough info. to prove my case. Letter of deny.
    I applied for LULAC in October2004 got interviewed in July 17 2005 Another nice interview no answer. The agent told me I will have to wait until they put together all my file so once more i will be waiting pattiently.
    Any questions?
    I will post if anything good comes up.

CARPI

Hi Capri,
    I wish you good luck. What proof did you take to the LULAC interview? Please let me know because i'm getting ready for my interview too. Thank you
    abby