Copyright
© 1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Citation?

What is a citation?

A citation or summons (ticket) is the penalty for the least serious offenses. While most jurisdictions have decriminalized these offenses, in some municipalities a citation could result in a short jail sentence. The normal penalty is a fine, which may range from under twenty dollars to several hundred dollars.

Police typically give citations for such offenses as minor traffic violations (for example, speeding, parking in a no-parking zone, or jaywalking). If the police cite you for such an offense, they will issue a ticket to you. You have the option of not contesting the citation by mailing in the ticket with the specified payment. Or if you feel the police have wrongly given you a ticket, you have the right to contest the citation at a hearing.

Not all traffic violations are citable offenses, however. The most serious traffic violations, such as driving while intoxicated, are criminal offenses. The law classifies them as misdemeanors or felonies.

I've been saying that what I have is a misdemeanor, but I don't think it is. I think it is the equivalent what is here known as a citation.
    “...I may condemn what you say, but I will give my life for that you may say it”! - Voltaire

What is a citation?

A citation or summons (ticket) is the penalty for the least serious offenses. While most jurisdictions have decriminalized these offenses, in some municipalities a citation could result in a short jail sentence. The normal penalty is a fine, which may range from under twenty dollars to several hundred dollars.

Police typically give citations for such offenses as minor traffic violations (for example, speeding, parking in a no-parking zone, or jaywalking). If the police cite you for such an offense, they will issue a ticket to you. You have the option of not contesting the citation by mailing in the ticket with the specified payment. Or if you feel the police have wrongly given you a ticket, you have the right to contest the citation at a hearing.

Not all traffic violations are citable offenses, however. The most serious traffic violations, such as driving while intoxicated, are criminal offenses. The law classifies them as misdemeanors or felonies.

I've been saying that what I have is a misdemeanor, but I don't think it is. I think it is the equivalent what is here known as a citation.
    “...I may condemn what you say, but I will give my life for that you may say it”! - Voltaire

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kollerkrot:
    What is a citation?

I've been saying that what I have is a misdemeanor, but I don't think it is. I think it is the equivalent what is here known as a citation. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

In my state if I remember your situation properly? Would be Misdemeanor.
    USC and Legal, Honest Immigrant Alike Must Fight Against Those That Deceive and Disrupt A Place Of Desirability! All Are Victims of Fraud, Both USC and Honest Immigrant Alike! The bad can and does make it more difficult for the good! Be careful who y

It would be a misdemeanor in most states in the US.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by davdah:
    Just the same as if a USC were in a foreign country and was convicted of an offense. They would be subject to a different set of laws than a citizen of that country. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I will argue this until the cows come home. No other law of the western-world countries treats foreigners different than its citizens.

I happen to know someone who after getting into trouble with the laws of my land was barred from Germany for two (2) meager years. He was offered (I said OFFERED) to opt for deportation or remain and deal with his punishment.

To apply harsh standards like that is something uniquely USCIS!!

Davdah Is not kidding!!!

Is reality, many areas of china you disappear!!
    USC and Legal, Honest Immigrant Alike Must Fight Against Those That Deceive and Disrupt A Place Of Desirability! All Are Victims of Fraud, Both USC and Honest Immigrant Alike! The bad can and does make it more difficult for the good! Be careful who y

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by davdah:
    I guess it would be up to the country. It could be worse though. In china, if you open your mouth and complain, they shoot you. LOL. Brings new meaning to speedy justice. And cheap too. They send the bill for the cartridge to the surviving family. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's China, diffent ball game all together. Communist - what do you expect? I don't compare Apples to Oranges. America wants to be part of the elite, but applies d u n geonology when it comes to stuff like that.

My own study,

By the time every American reaches the age of 65, approx 65% will have some form of criminal record.
    Speeding in excess depending on locality equals criminal record. Koller, Your situation requires thinking outside of the box.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MakeItRight!:
    My own study,

By the time every American reaches the age of 65, approx 65% will have some form of criminal record.
    Speeding in excess depending on locality equals criminal record. Koller, Your situation requires thinking outside of the box. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

MIR Darling,

How does one think outside of the box? I don't really understand what that means.

Can you explain that please?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kollerkrot:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MakeItRight!:
    My own study,

Speeding in excess depending on locality equals criminal record. Koller, Your situation requires thinking outside of the box. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

MIR Darling,

How does one think outside of the box? I don't really understand what that means.

Can you explain that please? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Utilize the unthinkable, thinking outside of the norm. seek avenues not yet thought of! Areas of the situation not usually used, If the path you have followed tends to bring dead ends? Vary slightly from the path.

Simple examples: humanitarian organizations utilize a method.

Organizations of law follow a decisive path.

Many organizations utilize the ability to gain compassion. their only power!!! yet they succeed! OFTEN!!!

seek other avenues? Do not contain yourself within one path to Find resolution.

Example of one of a thousand methods:

Your situation. Lets say You were to volunteer some of your time to help Handicap people???

Volunteer as a Tudor for gifted children???

volunteer anything that helps others without Seeking something in return. good deeds!!!

Your character and how the sytem pecieves who you are changes!!! The strict laws may be overcome by Respect for who you are???

Just examples

Do not ask what your country can do for you! ask what can I do for my country??? what You seek automatically can follow. most Importantly, you gotta feel it in your heart. this post will self destruct After 48 hours.