50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Do you have an MBA? A must read for some ILW posters

If you have been posting messages on this or any other board at 1,2,3,4,5, 6 AM in the morning when normal people are sleeping, this article is a must read.

Have you ever heard of this MBA (Message Board Addiction)? With such an MBA, you start a new thread almost every day or at least every week; you post at work and at home, during the day and at night; you post more than 20 times in one day and do this regularly; you check the board always before you do homework/chores; you have missed a meal while on the board; you have told funny stories to your friends about what happened on the board and they just stared at you; you sit there, keeping the window to the message board open all day long or pressing "Refresh" once every few minutes to see if someone posted something new; you flit from forum to forum in your list of favorites to discuss various things; you get agitated if you cannot go on the board for a day or two; you are mad/depressed when no one has posted for a couple of hours/minutes but you have; you know a lot of other boarders' names and where they live; you frequently go off topic on threads, just because it is fun and you have no one else to talk to you; you know almost everything about the history of the board; you have revived threads for the sake of posting something; and you have scrolled through all the titles of the threads on the board..

Most people that visit message boards are reaching out for the advice of other, more anonymous people. A message board or forum (online community) offers visitors the chance to discuss, seek help, or befriend someone that shares similar opinions on a variety of things. The healthy way to visit a message board is to get advice or health. When it becomes your social life, then you may have a problem. It is said that one who feels socially outcast is especially attracted to forums of other social outcasts, because people on the forums actually understand them.

There are millions of people throughout the world who are hopelessly addicted to Internet message boards or forums. They spend endless hours discussing pointless topics to the detriment of both their personal and professional lives. When you have become addicted you cannot stop! You have put off assignments, work and chores to sit online for hours at a time, because you have trouble dragging yourself away. The first thing you do when you wake up in the morning is checking the boards. Every time you come home from work, school or shopping, you check the boards. The last thing you do before going to bed is also checking the boards, and sometimes you wake up in the middle of the night just to see if anyone has responded to your last post.

There is a story about a New York man who was found dead at his computer, apparently the victim of trying to keep up with too many professional forums. Childress H. Wanamaker, 54, an account executive at a New York-based new media company, died of starvation. His emaciated body was found by his wife of 26 years, who had been bringing him meals on plastic trays for weeks, but he never took the time to eat them!

While some people think that message board addiction is "better" than cigarettes or alcohol or drugs, more people believe that Internet addiction, like alcoholism, drug addiction or compulsive gambling, has devastating effects on the lives of addicts and their families: divorce, job loss, falling productivity at work, failure in school, and, in extreme cases, criminal behavior. The problem has already reached epidemic proportions in many parts of the world, and the number of "netaholics" continues to grow rapidly as more households and businesses go online. To kick the habit, you may limit your forum visits or control your online minutes so that you can get your personal priorities fulfilled. But I do not think these measures would be a good solution for the addiction. Just like quitting cigarettes or recovering from alcoholism, the only way is to cut it off completely.

http://sevencastles.spaces.liv...B6C97D9A!12286.entry
    If Democrats Had Any Brains, They'd Be Republicans

Democrats - Brave enough to KILL our unborn, just NOT our ENEMIES!

If you have been posting messages on this or any other board at 1,2,3,4,5, 6 AM in the morning when normal people are sleeping, this article is a must read.

Have you ever heard of this MBA (Message Board Addiction)? With such an MBA, you start a new thread almost every day or at least every week; you post at work and at home, during the day and at night; you post more than 20 times in one day and do this regularly; you check the board always before you do homework/chores; you have missed a meal while on the board; you have told funny stories to your friends about what happened on the board and they just stared at you; you sit there, keeping the window to the message board open all day long or pressing "Refresh" once every few minutes to see if someone posted something new; you flit from forum to forum in your list of favorites to discuss various things; you get agitated if you cannot go on the board for a day or two; you are mad/depressed when no one has posted for a couple of hours/minutes but you have; you know a lot of other boarders' names and where they live; you frequently go off topic on threads, just because it is fun and you have no one else to talk to you; you know almost everything about the history of the board; you have revived threads for the sake of posting something; and you have scrolled through all the titles of the threads on the board..

Most people that visit message boards are reaching out for the advice of other, more anonymous people. A message board or forum (online community) offers visitors the chance to discuss, seek help, or befriend someone that shares similar opinions on a variety of things. The healthy way to visit a message board is to get advice or health. When it becomes your social life, then you may have a problem. It is said that one who feels socially outcast is especially attracted to forums of other social outcasts, because people on the forums actually understand them.

There are millions of people throughout the world who are hopelessly addicted to Internet message boards or forums. They spend endless hours discussing pointless topics to the detriment of both their personal and professional lives. When you have become addicted you cannot stop! You have put off assignments, work and chores to sit online for hours at a time, because you have trouble dragging yourself away. The first thing you do when you wake up in the morning is checking the boards. Every time you come home from work, school or shopping, you check the boards. The last thing you do before going to bed is also checking the boards, and sometimes you wake up in the middle of the night just to see if anyone has responded to your last post.

There is a story about a New York man who was found dead at his computer, apparently the victim of trying to keep up with too many professional forums. Childress H. Wanamaker, 54, an account executive at a New York-based new media company, died of starvation. His emaciated body was found by his wife of 26 years, who had been bringing him meals on plastic trays for weeks, but he never took the time to eat them!

While some people think that message board addiction is "better" than cigarettes or alcohol or drugs, more people believe that Internet addiction, like alcoholism, drug addiction or compulsive gambling, has devastating effects on the lives of addicts and their families: divorce, job loss, falling productivity at work, failure in school, and, in extreme cases, criminal behavior. The problem has already reached epidemic proportions in many parts of the world, and the number of "netaholics" continues to grow rapidly as more households and businesses go online. To kick the habit, you may limit your forum visits or control your online minutes so that you can get your personal priorities fulfilled. But I do not think these measures would be a good solution for the addiction. Just like quitting cigarettes or recovering from alcoholism, the only way is to cut it off completely.

http://sevencastles.spaces.liv...B6C97D9A!12286.entry

Or in some cases work related! Can I get work mans comp????
    USC and Legal, Honest Immigrant Alike Must Fight Against Those That Deceive and Disrupt A Place Of Desirability! All Are Victims of Fraud, Both USC and Honest Immigrant Alike! The bad can and does make it more difficult for the good! Be careful who y

Is this speaking from experience A9?
    "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams on Defense of the boston Massacre

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hudson:
    Is this speaking from experience A9? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes Hudson from my experience after watching your postings having a timestamp of 4, 5, 6 AM in the morning.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by a9b3h5:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hudson:

Yes Hudson from my experience after watching your postings having a timestamp of 4, 5, 6 AM in the morning. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Well, time postings here at 5 or 6am tend to be my afternoons, literally 2pm or 3pm at a location in anotper part of the world.

Ans ome at 5am or 6am is my wakeup call. My grandfather always told me, if you not up at the crack of dawn, you missed half the day already.
    "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams on Defense of the boston Massacre

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by a9b3h5:

Yes Hudson from my experience after watching your postings having a timestamp of 4, 5, 6 AM in the morning. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Well, time postings here at 5 or 6am tend to be my afternoons, literally 2pm or 3pm at a location in anotper part of the world.

Ans ome at 5am or 6am is my wakeup call. My grandfather always told me, if you not up at the crack of dawn, you missed half the day already. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well you are not visiting China all the time. So don't give me that k.rap. And yes, I agree with your grandpa. My father says the same, hence I get up at 4:30 AM.

Ans ome at 5am or 6am is my wakeup call. My grandfather always told me, if you not up at the crack of dawn, you missed half the day already. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well you are not visiting China all the time. So don't give me that k.rap. And yes, I agree with your grandpa. My father says the same, hence I get up at 4:30 AM. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Who says I am visiting China?