50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I am a US citizen.....can I sponsor my nephew and neice?

Hey folks,
    just a quick question......my nephew and neice have finished high school back in England and want to come over to work in the US for a year before returning to start University. Are there any kind of temporary visa's they can get or can I sponsor them in some way?
    Thanks for reading my post

Hey folks,
    just a quick question......my nephew and neice have finished high school back in England and want to come over to work in the US for a year before returning to start University. Are there any kind of temporary visa's they can get or can I sponsor them in some way?
    Thanks for reading my post

Other than the visitor visa (which would only allow them to come here for six months) or visa waiver (three months in US), there are not many, if any, visa programs for people so young. There is the student visa- they can come here to study for one year on the F or J visa but they would have to be "sponsored" by a school or program.

I figured that would be the case. Still you would think that I can sponsor their parents for a green card that I would be able to sponsor them. oh well............thanks for getting back to me

Hey Paddy, long time no see.

I guess now you are experiencing the USC side of things regarding immigration lol
    Hope all is good with you.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    God Bless America - God Bless Immigrants - God Bless Poor Misguided Souls Too

National Domestic Violence Hotline:
    1.800.799.SAFE (7233) 1.800.787.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Paddy:
    Hey folks,
    Thanks for reading my post </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    J visa might work as a trainee.
    "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams on Defense of the boston Massacre

They're too young for the J-1 as a trainee. You have to have 5 years of work experience or 2 years of college + 1 year of experience. And they're from the U.K. so no 2 year home residency for them.

You could sponsor their parents, but by the time their parents "number" came up to get the green card, the kids would be too old to benefit.

Why can't they work in England?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Paddy:
    Hey folks,
    Thanks for reading my post </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just Curious? Why Come to USA to work for one year then return to UK For higher edjucation????
    Are they Doing research In USA Occupation?
    USC and Legal, Honest Immigrant Alike Must Fight Against Those That Deceive and Disrupt A Place Of Desirability! All Are Victims of Fraud, Both USC and Honest Immigrant Alike! The bad can and does make it more difficult for the good! Be careful who y

No. And, by the way, there is no such thing as sponsorship for VWP or visitor visa.