free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just married.

Hi, I just got married to an US citizen and I was wondering if someome here knows where I can find the procedure that needs to be done so that I can stay here legally. I came in the US legally, and my stay expires Sep 16, so I'm still legal. Do you know what are the steps? I'd appreciate your help. Thank you.
    I don't have SSN as I came here on a visitor's visa.

Hi, I just got married to an US citizen and I was wondering if someome here knows where I can find the procedure that needs to be done so that I can stay here legally. I came in the US legally, and my stay expires Sep 16, so I'm still legal. Do you know what are the steps? I'd appreciate your help. Thank you.
    I don't have SSN as I came here on a visitor's visa.

I should also say that we got married because we love each other and decided to get married only after I got to the States. (just in case someone wondered).

Hi! I just got married to a US citizen and was wondering if someone knows where I can find the procedures that need to be done, in order for me to stay here legally. I came into the US legally (my stay expires on Sep. 16). Does anyone know what the steps are? I don't have a SSN, as I came here on a visitor visa. I'd appreciate your help. Thank you.
    When did you first get here? How long is your tourist visa good for?

And just in case anyone wonders, I should also say we decided to get married only after I got to the states, because we love each other.
    No one here will ever wonder, doubt or question the validity of a marriage, unless the OP makes us suspicious of it. Take the statement made above, for example.

Have a good read on the USCIS website. http://www.uscis.gov for adjusting status while in the USA. Your US citizen spouse and you will file the I130 (petition for alien relative) and the I485 package(adjustment of status) concurrently, along with all associated documents: Affidavit of Support, and Employment Authorisation Document application, and Advance Parole, if needed.
    The above is simply an opinion. Your mileage may vary. For immigration issues, please consult an immigration attorney.

dartmar:"No one here will ever wonder, doubt or question the validity of a marriage, unless the OP makes us suspicious of it. Take the statement made above, for example"
    I added the "statement above" just to avoid any hateful remarks by some people on this board. I was checking the board recently and there was more than one post reacting awfully to questions asked by people who asked for advice.(eg. someone called antifascist) I just wanted to avoid that and tried to make clear everything from the beginning.

Sappy gave you a starting point. Once you go through the info, you can ask questions if something is unclear.

When you entered the US, was stay approved for 3 or 6 months ? Or some other lenght?

forget my questions ...I just read your previous posts.

My visit was approved for 6 months.

Do you know if I can apply for EAD before I send out the paperwork for Adjustment of status?