publisher - over
50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: I-140 RFE received by USCIS over 3 months ago - what now?

Hi,
    I am on an L-1A visa for multinational managers and have filed for I-140 and I-485 both in October '06 (Texas service center). I have received RFE for my I-140 and have sent the necessary documents - the USCIS website shows they were received by them at mid-Jan '07, with a statement that they should be getting back to me within 60 days. RFE was well addressed and I don't believe there is a pending issue.

Well, over 100 days have passed, and the people I know who have had to respond to RFEs in the past have all been processed within two weeks of responding.

As I am eager to change to a new job, I was wondering:
    1. What can I do to find out why the I-140 is not progressing?
    2. Has anyone else filing around the same time experienced similar delays? Does anyone who has responded to an RFE at 2007 experienced quicker response times?
    3. If this keeps on going, do I have other options rather than wait for the I-140 to be approved? (I already have a work permit EAD (I-766), and 180 days have passed since I first filed)
    4. Any other advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Hi,
    I am on an L-1A visa for multinational managers and have filed for I-140 and I-485 both in October '06 (Texas service center). I have received RFE for my I-140 and have sent the necessary documents - the USCIS website shows they were received by them at mid-Jan '07, with a statement that they should be getting back to me within 60 days. RFE was well addressed and I don't believe there is a pending issue.

Well, over 100 days have passed, and the people I know who have had to respond to RFEs in the past have all been processed within two weeks of responding.

As I am eager to change to a new job, I was wondering:
    1. What can I do to find out why the I-140 is not progressing?
    2. Has anyone else filing around the same time experienced similar delays? Does anyone who has responded to an RFE at 2007 experienced quicker response times?
    3. If this keeps on going, do I have other options rather than wait for the I-140 to be approved? (I already have a work permit EAD (I-766), and 180 days have passed since I first filed)
    4. Any other advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!