50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: I need pro bono lawyer for my en banc hearing

My asylum appeal at Eighth Circuit court was denied and I am allowed to file rehearing en banc within 45 days. I would like to know if you can refer me any pro bono lawyers who can help me with my situation. I already spent tons of $ with my appeals so I can't afford to spend alot of $ anymore.

Thank you so much.

My asylum appeal at Eighth Circuit court was denied and I am allowed to file rehearing en banc within 45 days. I would like to know if you can refer me any pro bono lawyers who can help me with my situation. I already spent tons of $ with my appeals so I can't afford to spend alot of $ anymore.

Thank you so much.

Looks to me your Case don't have merit. your case was decided correctly by the IJ. Why i,m thinking that?
    You filed case and IJ decided your case because you don't have enough proof of your asylum, then you appeal to BIA which affirms the IJ's decision then you appeal the same decision to Circuit court ,also affirmed. Why you think with probono attorney will be able to turn around all that? I guess You are wasting your time.
    Your right approach should be reopen same case in EOIR with new evidences which must be related to you in any shape or form, based on the evidences not available or couldn't be found at prior hearing OR change in country conditions etc.

IF the IJ decision is right and there were no errors in EOIR's part , all appeals to BIA circuit etc are waste of money as well as time because you are not adding anything new in your case but you are trying to prove that mistakes are made in your case or IJ didnot pay any consideration to your claim ( related to YOU, claim should not be to generic apply to minorities/groups/religion etc but to individuals).

Also keep in mind you will not be able to add anything more in the appeal process, you are appealing the decisions not adding any new facts.

If you still want the probono attorney you can go to uscis website and you can find list in your area.
    Its a discussion, not a legal advise..

Mohan,

Thanks for your reply. It was just my luck that I didn't get approved. I had substential evidence of proofs on my asylum case and new evidence as well those I could not provide in the appeal process. IJ was bias during my hearing and my mistake also that I applied in the mid-west.

Can you tell me how to reopen the same case in EOIR. It is my first time and I have been doing research as much as I could. Yes, I am very frustrated with the fact that I could not add anything new in my case to BIA and circuit courts and my attorney also didn't work seriously on my file. I have good faith in my asylum case becasue I still have big tensions with my government.

Thanks.

I just remembered that my attorney tried to file motion to reopen the case before appealed to the circuit court but it was denied. Would that be the same as trying to reopen at EOIR?

yes. to open the same asylum case, motion to reopen should be filed with immigration court. Asylum claims motion is not bounded with numeric and number as well. Motion can only be granted if you have proofs "RELATED TO YOU" for claim you are making, and these proof are could not be discovered or was not available at the prior hearing, OR country condition of the alien have changed and you have evidence of prior Persecution/torture and fear the same while return back. case will be opened.

IN BIA and circuit you can only argue thatJudge was biased and didnot pay attention to your claim. other then that you cannot add anything to your prior claim.
    Did your attorney file motion to reopen with new evidence which was not available at previous hearing? did your claim is related to you?
    MOtion will not be open if you claim that you have fear of persecution because you belongs to a group or religion and your govt is anti "your Group" or Your religion OR other" .your motion can only be granted if you claim that you as a person have problem with your govt. and you was persecuted in the past( not your group of people was persecuted and you belongs to same group) and most likely than not you will be, if you return.
    if you have evidence related to you and have excuse that relocation within your own country also not helped you to get away with the fear( by proving that)You can file another motion with EOIR.
    Its a discussion, not a legal advise..

Mohan,

Thank you so much and your info is really grateful. I am going to talk to a lawyer today and see what my options are. I do really have problems between myself and my govt. not my affiliates or friends.

Dear Mohan,

I am back again. I talked to a public lawyer and he asked me to bring new evidences those were not available at previous hearing. I have contacted 2 prominant political asylees from my country who are willing to testify for me as new evidences. Will that help if they can testify that I will be persecuted if I go back to my country since we worked togeter in the same political party and demonstrations? Since I just discovered them, can I use their testimonies as new evidences? Thanks again.