publisher - over
50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Help! I-862 information needed!!!

hi-
    my ex lives in WA state and on his re-entry trip from Italy he had his green card pulled. the same day, my 16 yr old son flew in for his summer vacation with his father. during the two month stay my son continously called and texted to state that he couldnt wait to leave, that he wasnt getting on well with his father. less than one week before my son's return to TN, he announced he wanted to stay in WA.

Knowing that my son is of age to decide, I've had no choice but to agree to let him go--provide that his father 1)take a drug test.
    2)provide me with the documentation regarding his green card being pulled and 3)he gets an appartment where my son would have a room.

My ex reluctantly took the drug test. Then after even more delay, has given me a partial page (U.S. Dept of Justice Immigration and Naturalization Service Continuation page for form I-862)

This partial page reads as follows:
    1) You are not a citizen or national of the United States;
    2) You are a native of ITALY and a citizen of ITALY;
    3) You were, on March 9, 2005 convicted in Washington Superior Court [at] Pierce County for the offense of Theft in the Third Degree (6) Counts, in violation of Section 9A.56.050 of the Revised Code of Washington.

He has refused to show me further documents, stating that there are none.

I know that a "Continuation page" is continued from something...in this case the I-862, (removal form )

I'm worried that he is trying to use my son to stay in the country, and because of the privacy laws don't know what i can do! I don't want to send my son into a bad situation. My ex had been talking about leaving the country and returning to Italy.

Is there anything I can do?

hi-
    my ex lives in WA state and on his re-entry trip from Italy he had his green card pulled. the same day, my 16 yr old son flew in for his summer vacation with his father. during the two month stay my son continously called and texted to state that he couldnt wait to leave, that he wasnt getting on well with his father. less than one week before my son's return to TN, he announced he wanted to stay in WA.

Knowing that my son is of age to decide, I've had no choice but to agree to let him go--provide that his father 1)take a drug test.
    2)provide me with the documentation regarding his green card being pulled and 3)he gets an appartment where my son would have a room.

My ex reluctantly took the drug test. Then after even more delay, has given me a partial page (U.S. Dept of Justice Immigration and Naturalization Service Continuation page for form I-862)

3) You were, on March 9, 2005 convicted in Washington Superior Court [at] Pierce County for the offense of Theft in the Third Degree (6) Counts, in violation of Section 9A.56.050 of the Revised Code of Washington.

I know that a "Continuation page" is continued from something...in this case the I-862, (removal form )

I'm worried that he is trying to use my son to stay in the country, and because of the privacy laws don't know what i can do! I don't want to send my son into a bad situation. My ex had been talking about leaving the country and returning to Italy.

Is there anything I can do?

Hi Stuck,

Welcome to the forum. While I understand your son has the right to choose which parent to live with, I believe you should do everything in your power to convince him to come back and live with you. If your ex decides to pack up and take your son to Italy, there will be little you can do about it (because of your son's age). I wonder what made your son change his mind? Could it be that he believes he has more 'freedom' living with his dad? Too much 'freedom' for a 16 year-old is not a good thing. Take it from one who knows.

I do wish you lots of luck.

I-862 is a Notice to Appear for Removal. <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by stuckinthemiddle:
    hi-

Is there anything I can do? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>