free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Motion to Reopen question

Hi all,

My marriage based AOS application was denied in April due to an immigration officer failing to tell the supervisor who signed off on the case that he allowed me to provide letters from an aco****ant in place of tax returns since my wife and I had been students at the time and didnt have tax returns. The letter of denial said that the reason we were denied was because we didnt provide tax returns.

My attorney quickly filed a motion to reopen and reconsider with the Newark NJ district office back in May. We have not heard anything from immigration since.

Does anyone have experience with a motion to reopen and reconsider? Also, i've made an infopass appointment to try and find out what is happening with my motion for next week - any advise on how to speak with the officer or generally about the motion to reopen.

You help and input is greatly appreciated!!

Hi all,

My marriage based AOS application was denied in April due to an immigration officer failing to tell the supervisor who signed off on the case that he allowed me to provide letters from an aco****ant in place of tax returns since my wife and I had been students at the time and didnt have tax returns. The letter of denial said that the reason we were denied was because we didnt provide tax returns.

My attorney quickly filed a motion to reopen and reconsider with the Newark NJ district office back in May. We have not heard anything from immigration since.

Does anyone have experience with a motion to reopen and reconsider? Also, i've made an infopass appointment to try and find out what is happening with my motion for next week - any advise on how to speak with the officer or generally about the motion to reopen.

You help and input is greatly appreciated!!