free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I-864 QUESTION?

Iam sponsoring my husband for a permanent residency . His a.o.s is on a final stage . We have recived an appointment letter for interview. . we have never send i-864 with i 485 application. Aletter indicates to bring complite i -864 for an interv. here is our financal situation : my husband -(sponsored immigrant) is a self-employedand making as a contractor 70.000.00 a year .He is beeng running his bussiness for 8 years . filing tax`s .I-(the sponsor)do not work due to a fact that we have two small children witch i amwatching for. we have beenmarried for 8 years and always filed join tax returns, including only his earnings + income from our real estate. Can i include his earnings on i-864 in order to meet requ.income , and if yes shuld we attached i 864A FORM .????????

Iam sponsoring my husband for a permanent residency . His a.o.s is on a final stage . We have recived an appointment letter for interview. . we have never send i-864 with i 485 application. Aletter indicates to bring complite i -864 for an interv. here is our financal situation : my husband -(sponsored immigrant) is a self-employedand making as a contractor 70.000.00 a year .He is beeng running his bussiness for 8 years . filing tax`s .I-(the sponsor)do not work due to a fact that we have two small children witch i amwatching for. we have beenmarried for 8 years and always filed join tax returns, including only his earnings + income from our real estate. Can i include his earnings on i-864 in order to meet requ.income , and if yes shuld we attached i 864A FORM .????????

Are you a citizen?

if you are you on the right track , and the form will give you a complete guide on how to proceed , you will also need to submit "sponsor and household member agreement" with a seperate i864 for him.Good luck!

Iam green card holder .so i am going with visa quota limit ,but his visa category is now avail. .the hole process took 8 years . in the guide for i-864 its information that a hosehold member who is the immigrant you are sponsoring only need complete i-864a if his or her income will be determine to support a spouse or children immigrating with him or her witch is not in our case. so remaining qoestion : do we still nedd to bring attachment i-864a ? yes or no?//

Has your husband had a valid EAD card or other employment authorization for the past 8 years?

ENYONE HAS AN ANSWER?????????????????????/

Ok, before we proceed let me get something straight. You said that your husband has employment authorization right. When you filed the 1-485 & 1-130 did you also file the 1-765(employment authorization)?

If your husband has worked 40 quarters (10 years) social security credits or total 40 SSA quarters combine from both of you after your marriage , you do not need I-864. Few new immigrants are eligible for this exception, but you and your husband may be able to benefit from it since he has been working for at least 8 years and making a decent income.

Here is the link for reference

http://uscis.gov/graphics/howdoi/affsupp.htm#arethere

http://uscis.gov/graphics/lawsregs/h...AFDSUPTCCA.PDF

Good luck

If the wife has happened to work for a couple of years and earned 8 credits during the marriage. they can combine them together. She only needs to make less than $4,000 any time per year to earn that 4 credits. Of course, if he is the only source of income and has been only working 8 years, it is irrelevant. The original post did not specify whether the husand worked or not before their marriage took place, nor does wife work history after marriage took place.