Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Form I-539

Question for you good guys:

I am a Lawful permanent resident. have file I-130 for my son before Dec.21, 2001 over 18 years of age and student at college.
    Question # 1. Can I file form I-539, since it
    is over three years now.
    When the life act was signed at that time I try to file I-485 for him, but it was returned by uscis for lack of approval of I-130.

How can I get him to stay in US legally.
    Appreciate your response.

Question for you good guys:

I am a Lawful permanent resident. have file I-130 for my son before Dec.21, 2001 over 18 years of age and student at college.
    Question # 1. Can I file form I-539, since it
    is over three years now.
    When the life act was signed at that time I try to file I-485 for him, but it was returned by uscis for lack of approval of I-130.

How can I get him to stay in US legally.
    Appreciate your response.

Another question. can he file for employment authorization or I can I do for him as legal resident.

Well let me put it this way.
    How a student can stay in US legally, and what forms he will file.
    I hope some one can answer?

HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEING A PERMANENET RESIDENT? All is staying in the United states is tied to you and how soon u will become a citizen, that way he gains automatic status.

If you decide tokeep him in school you will have to keep paying fees and maintain F1 visa. Good luck

Thank you, Nthpole I have already file my N-400 and fingerprinted on sept. 12, 05, awating for name check clearance.

you are on the right track. You now need to be asking questions on how a citizen can file for children.

Recently I wrote to NVC to findout about the case, to my surprize they don't have any record of the petitions.
    Then I wrote to the TSC where I file these I-130 so far no response to my letter which I have sent returned receipt and have received the receipt that they have received my letter.
    Next week I will write to Director, and will send the copy to Commissioner and one more department where you can complain about this type of cases.
    I am wating for approval yet and on web site it say still waiting time is 500-550 days.
    What I think USCIS nad DOS are now working closely and are in contact so they know which to approve now or when.
    What do you think about this.

" ... Next week I will write to Director, and will send the copy to Commissioner and one more department where you can complain about this type of cases ... "

What's there to complain about?! You're no a USC. Your son must maintain his own legal status in the U.S. - nothing you, as an LPR, can do about it. Do you really think that "Director", "Commissioner" or "department where you can complain" give a flying f.uck about your son's immigration status?!

Cheers.

sup, I am not sure what is your status in US. But I know my right as an LPR. What I can do and not.
    I also know many loophole of the Immigration laws as well. The way you write it shows about your character, mental/ moral illness qualities.
    My son has Bsc, now final year of MS, and plan to do his Phd, he was already offered a job by one of the University.
    The language you use it shows were you come from.