50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Best procedure German husband

I am an American citzen, my husband of 8 months a German citizen. We married in California, mainly because my parents are too sick to travel. We will move to states within the next 5 years. The time frame depends on the health situation of my parents. My questions:
    1. Shall we apply for the I130 and G325a already now and here in Germany? The USCIS said we can apply now and put on hold. But for how long can we hold it?
    2. After we apply and the paperwork is through, I understand this I130 approval gets sent to the Visa department and we have to file the I864 affidavid of support plus the DS156 and 157. Is this correct?
    3. How long does the visa part of this process take (my question number 2)? If we are already living in the states by the time this part is being processed, can my husband travel outside of the states or does he have to stay in the states?
    4. What qualifies as a domicile? I have lived in Germany the last 18 years but my parents have a house in California and we would go there at first. I have paid my taxes but to the federal government and not the state government. I earned my wages here in Germany, therefore I was told by my accountant that that was correct. Does this now disqualify me from being able to claim a domicile?
    5. We might have to go to the states before I have a job. How can I give an affidavid of support if I don't have a job in the states when I apply? Does money in the bank count? If so, how much?
    Clarification: My parents will probably not be able to say they will support my husband because, although they own property, they are too old and every kind of paperwork like this floors them and throws them into panic.
    Thanks very much for any help on this!
    Cheryl

I am an American citzen, my husband of 8 months a German citizen. We married in California, mainly because my parents are too sick to travel. We will move to states within the next 5 years. The time frame depends on the health situation of my parents. My questions:
    1. Shall we apply for the I130 and G325a already now and here in Germany? The USCIS said we can apply now and put on hold. But for how long can we hold it?
    2. After we apply and the paperwork is through, I understand this I130 approval gets sent to the Visa department and we have to file the I864 affidavid of support plus the DS156 and 157. Is this correct?
    3. How long does the visa part of this process take (my question number 2)? If we are already living in the states by the time this part is being processed, can my husband travel outside of the states or does he have to stay in the states?
    4. What qualifies as a domicile? I have lived in Germany the last 18 years but my parents have a house in California and we would go there at first. I have paid my taxes but to the federal government and not the state government. I earned my wages here in Germany, therefore I was told by my accountant that that was correct. Does this now disqualify me from being able to claim a domicile?
    5. We might have to go to the states before I have a job. How can I give an affidavid of support if I don't have a job in the states when I apply? Does money in the bank count? If so, how much?
    Clarification: My parents will probably not be able to say they will support my husband because, although they own property, they are too old and every kind of paperwork like this floors them and throws them into panic.
    Thanks very much for any help on this!
    Cheryl

Michael
    You are lucky to have a German Husband. Germans are known for their warm, loving and patient natures. For this and many other reasons, Germans are considered "The Master Race".

Michael,
    Dont get us started about Germans.

I wonder whether you consider yourself a model German.

Michael
    Great men are Germans; me, Hitler, the Pope; you got a problem with Germans???