free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: I-130 Questions

Hi. I have two questions:

1. I submitted my I-130 in August to the Nebraska office, but the weekly processing times updates never list I-130 as one of the forms, so I don't know the current processing times for I-130s there. What does it mean, when they don't list processing times for I-130s?

2. I'm moving in a few weeks, but I'm still waiting for my receipt notice of the I-130. How can I give them my new address if I don't have the official number from the receipt?

Thanks for your help!

Hi. I have two questions:

1. I submitted my I-130 in August to the Nebraska office, but the weekly processing times updates never list I-130 as one of the forms, so I don't know the current processing times for I-130s there. What does it mean, when they don't list processing times for I-130s?

2. I'm moving in a few weeks, but I'm still waiting for my receipt notice of the I-130. How can I give them my new address if I don't have the official number from the receipt?

Thanks for your help!

Check processing times for Vermont and California Service Centers. Your I-130 petition may have been transferred to either one of them. Normally, they stamp the case number at the back of your payment check when cashed: WAC- for California or EAC- for Vermont.

Thank you. My check hasn't been cashed yet.

If it HAS been transferred to another service center, though, will they even honor my original arrival date? Or will the processing times be based on the date of arrival in the NEW service center? If the latter, how would I know what that date would be? And wouldn't they send me a notice that it was transferred?

Before I give my opinion to your questions, let me ask you, what's your current status, what other applications have you filed along with the I-130, and who is your petitioner?

I am the petitioner (for my husband), no other petitions were filed with the I-130, and the status of the I-130 is probably pending - my check has not been cashed and I have not received a receipt or case number. I mailed it on August 22, 2007, to the Nebraska Service Center.

Even if your I-130 is transferred to another Service Center, they'll respect your filing date (or their actual receipt date) that normally also becomes the "priority date" of your petition. Patience is a virtue when dealing with the USCIS. If they won't send a Transfer Notice, you'll be informed through a Receipt Notice. In fairness, they're doing all this to address their backlog problems. If you can't delay your relocation, mail forwarding may be your best option as of now.