publisher - over
50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: I-751 (divorced) still pending interview / resident for 6 years / filed N-400

Colombian, married to an American on 1/1999, came to USA on 9/2000. Filed I-751 and divorced while waiting for interview. The interview came I went alone and the office requested me to file a new I-751 checking I was already divorce.

2nd I-751 was filed on 1/2005 and still pending for Interview. I hired a lawyer to help me in the whole process and my future N-400 for naturalization: He said - no problem, you have been a permanent resident since you came to the States go ahead and pay the fee and I will handle your case... after $1,500.00 nothing was done and my money it's all gone.
    I don't believe in lawyers anymore.

The problem are: my green card it's expired, last estamp on my passport will expire 9/2007; my driver's license will expired 11/2007, my SS card still has my married name because they won't updated wihtout the green card.

How can I get the Distric Office to have a look of my case and allow me to move on with the N-400 that it's on hold by the Naturalization Dept?

Who can help me? Where can I go?

Colombian, married to an American on 1/1999, came to USA on 9/2000. Filed I-751 and divorced while waiting for interview. The interview came I went alone and the office requested me to file a new I-751 checking I was already divorce.

2nd I-751 was filed on 1/2005 and still pending for Interview. I hired a lawyer to help me in the whole process and my future N-400 for naturalization: He said - no problem, you have been a permanent resident since you came to the States go ahead and pay the fee and I will handle your case... after $1,500.00 nothing was done and my money it's all gone.

The problem are: my green card it's expired, last estamp on my passport will expire 9/2007; my driver's license will expired 11/2007, my SS card still has my married name because they won't updated wihtout the green card.

How can I get the Distric Office to have a look of my case and allow me to move on with the N-400 that it's on hold by the Naturalization Dept?

Who can help me? Where can I go?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ImmigrantQ:

Who can help me? Where can I go? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If your N400 is processed for an interview and the I-751 waiver has not yet been scheduled for an interview and adjudicated, they will be done together.

Make in INFOPASS apptmt at your local district office prior to the expiry date of the stamp in your passport, take your passport, expired CGC, and any other documentation you have relative to the I-751 submission (NOAs, application, etc) with you to the INFOPASS apptmt, and see if you can get another stamp.
    The above is simply an opinion. Your mileage may vary. For immigration issues, please consult an immigration attorney.