publisher - over
50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: BronzeLady, Could You Explain this???

BronzeLady,
    Something rather interesting happened to me this week end. I called this girl from Sierra Leone who goes to school with me to inquire about registration, and her answering machine said that she went back home.

Since my wife and I helped her fill her USC marriage based AOS in NYC in February 2004, and given the fact that at the time she had been out of status for 2 years she did not file for advance parole. So I called her huband who confirmed that she went on vacation a week after her interview!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My wife and I helped them fill the paper work and mailed it in to the NYC district office in February 2004, six months ago and her interview was June 06, 2004!!!!!!!!!!!! and of course her passport was stamped on the day of the interview!

Now BronzeLady since you seem to be aware of how BCIS functions, how can someone who filed in February 2004 can be fingerprinted, interviewed and cleared in a matter of six months when an average case lasts 2 years in NYC, and some people who filed in March 2002 do not even have an interview appointment yet????

I would really appreciate your take on this, because I've tried to give BCIS the benefit of the doubt, but on this one I am just astonished, because it is just not FAIR at all.

BronzeLady,
    Something rather interesting happened to me this week end. I called this girl from Sierra Leone who goes to school with me to inquire about registration, and her answering machine said that she went back home.

Since my wife and I helped her fill her USC marriage based AOS in NYC in February 2004, and given the fact that at the time she had been out of status for 2 years she did not file for advance parole. So I called her huband who confirmed that she went on vacation a week after her interview!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My wife and I helped them fill the paper work and mailed it in to the NYC district office in February 2004, six months ago and her interview was June 06, 2004!!!!!!!!!!!! and of course her passport was stamped on the day of the interview!

Now BronzeLady since you seem to be aware of how BCIS functions, how can someone who filed in February 2004 can be fingerprinted, interviewed and cleared in a matter of six months when an average case lasts 2 years in NYC, and some people who filed in March 2002 do not even have an interview appointment yet????

I would really appreciate your take on this, because I've tried to give BCIS the benefit of the doubt, but on this one I am just astonished, because it is just not FAIR at all.

Kalla,

I have read on another board [www.britishexpats.com/forum] a couple of cases already from NYC that got approved in a very short timeframe 6-9 months...

I agree with you is completely unfare...

I was fingerprinted and my interviewed was scheduled in less than a year (in NYC). I havent gone to the interview because my hubby is in training, but that is another issue.

NYC has a sub-district office in Long Island, they were the ones who schedule my interview (I never filed there though). I came with a K-1, maybe that speed up the process. I had a valid turist visa at that time, so I guess that help too.

That's easy to explain. A pilot program is currently being conducted and half of the cases scheduled for interview every day are pilot cases (cases filed and interviewed within 90 days....before employment authorization can be issued). Only certain cases are being used for the pilot program. Also, the program screens out duplicates so if you already have a case they won't let you file a second one. That's how someone can have been filed, interviewed and closed out in a couple of months time.

Thanks a lot for your answer BronzeLady, I didn't know that NYC was under the pilot program.

The background check also has a pilot program?

Nope and some of those cases are not clearing because of background checks.

bronzeLady: under which "group" of people have you to be in to get into the "pilot-case"? From a certain country, or beeing married for at least so and so long, filed in 1999 and still no interview?

Good luck for your interview tomorrow, let us know how it went.