50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Minuteman Founder Said to Tolerate Neo-Nazis in Campaign

Neo-Nazis volunteered for Jim Gilchrist's recent congressional campaign and distributed racist propaganda at Gilchrist rallies with the full knowledge of the Minuteman Project co-founder and his campaign managers, according to a former Gilchrist campaign volunteer whose account is supported by photographs, video footage and postings on the white supremacist Web site Stormfront.

"They were basically allowing Skinheads and white nationalists to work the phone banks and do IT [computer work] and distribute National Alliance fliers targeting non-whites," Cliff May, a dance instructor in Orange County, Calif., told the Intelligence Report. "When I told Mary [Gilchrist's finance manager] and Eldon [Gilchrist's grassroots coordinator] that I didn't want to work for a campaign that was tainted by white supremacy in any way, they told me not to cause a stir.

"When I kept bringing it up, they kicked me out."

Photographs taken at an Oct. 29 Gilchrist rally in Sacramento show a man outfitted like a Nazi Skinhead distributing propaganda from the neo-Nazi National Alliance. "I talked with Gilchrist about it and he said they'd decided to, in his words, 'let it go,'" May said. Three weeks later, May says he spotted two neo-Nazis among a crowd of Gilchrist campaign volunteers at a City Council meeting in Lake Forest, Calif. May recognized the young man and woman from photographs of neo-Nazis giving seig-heil salutes in front of swastika banners at an anti-immigration protest in Laguna Beach four months earlier, in July. May said he videotaped the neo-Nazis at the November meeting in Lake Forest and immediately afterward played the footage on a big screen television at Gilchrist's campaign headquarters.

"I identified the couple on the tape as white supremacists and started asking everyone if they'd actually been working the office, and the front desk person and other volunteers said they had," said May. "Gilchrist was there and stated that he didn't want to deal with it and he left." May said he later learned from Gilchrist's campaign managers that some neo-Nazis were told they could work for the campaign as long as they kept their ideology quiet. "Gilchrist had assured the media several times he had a zero tolerance policy toward white supremacists. But from what I saw from the inside, it was more like, 'Don't ask, don't tell,'" May said.

Neither Gilchrist nor his spokesman responded to a total of five E-mail and voicemail messages seeking comment on May's allegations. Gilchrist instead released a statement calling May "wasteful and destructive human debris engaged in malicious conduct impugning my character, and the character of all the Minuteman Project participants and the 850+ volunteers in my recent political campaign."

Gilchrist lost the Dec. 6 special election in California's 48th Congressional District, coming in third with 25% of the vote. He recently began hinting at a run for governor. But despite allegedly tolerating at least some neo-Nazis, he may have lost the Stormfront vote. After the December election, two neo-Nazis wrote bitterly on Stormfront about their experience volunteering for Gilchrist's campaign. One said he was forced out after weeks of hard work when a fellow volunteer who was Jewish found out he was a neo-Nazi and threatened to contact the media. "The lesson I have learned from this is do not waste your time working your *** off to help a closet case racist run his campaign. He will cut you off just because your presence upsets a Jew," wrote Konkwista88.

Elsewhere, at least a few neo-Nazis continued to openly support Minuteman events like "Stop the Invasion," when 44 rallies were held in 20 states on Jan. 7. The local organizer for the Stop the Invasion rally in Austin, Texas, was identified on a nationally distributed contact sheet as "SSTexas88" (88 is neo-Nazi shorthand for "HH," or "Heil Hitler"), the same Web handle used by a self-described "24-year-old white power skinbyrd [a female Skinhead] from Austin, Texas" on various neo-Nazi Web sites. A woman who identified herself only as "Jenny" led the sparsely attended rally in front of the Texas Capitol wearing a shirt bearing the emblem of Hammerskin Nation, a violent neo-Nazi Skinhead syndicate.

Last Updated ( Friday, 21 April 2006 )

Neo-Nazis volunteered for Jim Gilchrist's recent congressional campaign and distributed racist propaganda at Gilchrist rallies with the full knowledge of the Minuteman Project co-founder and his campaign managers, according to a former Gilchrist campaign volunteer whose account is supported by photographs, video footage and postings on the white supremacist Web site Stormfront.

"They were basically allowing Skinheads and white nationalists to work the phone banks and do IT [computer work] and distribute National Alliance fliers targeting non-whites," Cliff May, a dance instructor in Orange County, Calif., told the Intelligence Report. "When I told Mary [Gilchrist's finance manager] and Eldon [Gilchrist's grassroots coordinator] that I didn't want to work for a campaign that was tainted by white supremacy in any way, they told me not to cause a stir.

Photographs taken at an Oct. 29 Gilchrist rally in Sacramento show a man outfitted like a Nazi Skinhead distributing propaganda from the neo-Nazi National Alliance. "I talked with Gilchrist about it and he said they'd decided to, in his words, 'let it go,'" May said. Three weeks later, May says he spotted two neo-Nazis among a crowd of Gilchrist campaign volunteers at a City Council meeting in Lake Forest, Calif. May recognized the young man and woman from photographs of neo-Nazis giving seig-heil salutes in front of swastika banners at an anti-immigration protest in Laguna Beach four months earlier, in July. May said he videotaped the neo-Nazis at the November meeting in Lake Forest and immediately afterward played the footage on a big screen television at Gilchrist's campaign headquarters.

"I identified the couple on the tape as white supremacists and started asking everyone if they'd actually been working the office, and the front desk person and other volunteers said they had," said May. "Gilchrist was there and stated that he didn't want to deal with it and he left." May said he later learned from Gilchrist's campaign managers that some neo-Nazis were told they could work for the campaign as long as they kept their ideology quiet. "Gilchrist had assured the media several times he had a zero tolerance policy toward white supremacists. But from what I saw from the inside, it was more like, 'Don't ask, don't tell,'" May said.

Neither Gilchrist nor his spokesman responded to a total of five E-mail and voicemail messages seeking comment on May's allegations. Gilchrist instead released a statement calling May "wasteful and destructive human debris engaged in malicious conduct impugning my character, and the character of all the Minuteman Project participants and the 850+ volunteers in my recent political campaign."

Gilchrist lost the Dec. 6 special election in California's 48th Congressional District, coming in third with 25% of the vote. He recently began hinting at a run for governor. But despite allegedly tolerating at least some neo-Nazis, he may have lost the Stormfront vote. After the December election, two neo-Nazis wrote bitterly on Stormfront about their experience volunteering for Gilchrist's campaign. One said he was forced out after weeks of hard work when a fellow volunteer who was Jewish found out he was a neo-Nazi and threatened to contact the media. "The lesson I have learned from this is do not waste your time working your *** off to help a closet case racist run his campaign. He will cut you off just because your presence upsets a Jew," wrote Konkwista88.

Elsewhere, at least a few neo-Nazis continued to openly support Minuteman events like "Stop the Invasion," when 44 rallies were held in 20 states on Jan. 7. The local organizer for the Stop the Invasion rally in Austin, Texas, was identified on a nationally distributed contact sheet as "SSTexas88" (88 is neo-Nazi shorthand for "HH," or "Heil Hitler"), the same Web handle used by a self-described "24-year-old white power skinbyrd [a female Skinhead] from Austin, Texas" on various neo-Nazi Web sites. A woman who identified herself only as "Jenny" led the sparsely attended rally in front of the Texas Capitol wearing a shirt bearing the emblem of Hammerskin Nation, a violent neo-Nazi Skinhead syndicate.

Last Updated ( Friday, 21 April 2006 )

When I told Mary [Gilchrist's finance manager] and Eldon [Gilchrist's grassroots coordinator] that I didn't want to work for a campaign that was tainted by white supremacy in any way, they told me not to cause a stir.

---------------------

This quote above is the reason why the minute-men will never have the support of the american public...I would agree that if the minute-men was a group that wanted their border close and truly had no hate for hispanic, as long as they were legal, then you would have probably see more support for the group, but when you have neo-nazies running the group and nazi flags etc etc, the american public get scared off..a lot of americans probably dont like the fact that there are so many undocumented people in the US, but at the same time, they cant rally behind the minute men because the minute men are a racist organization.

-------------

i mean, you got to be kidding me!!..you have good american that works for the minute-men, then after realizing that skin heads runs the place, they quits.

i know this old women that used to patrol the border along with the minute men, and she flat out said that the majority of the minute-men are racist....she said she joined the group because she was tired of people coming here illegally, specially after 9/11 and decided to join and hope the gorverment would pay attention to th southern border, but after she heard many racial slurs and rifles and comments about killing mexican, she decided that it was way to much for her and that it wasnt what she signed for.