publisher - over
50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Just few questions before I leave the USA.

Hello Friends,
    Next month I am leaving for Bombay India and in Sept my wife leaves for Bombay and in Oct we return together to the US. Since I have 2 Original copies of advance parole I am thinking of leaving one copy with my wife (as a precaution) and I will carry one after all we are returning together to the US from India. Now my questions are 1) what do you guys think about this? I mean the INS really does not care if I have 2 copies or one when I leave the US am I right? And lastly god forbid if I loose one AP (at least I have one more copy) would the INS let me in the US with just one original copy?(The airlines agents or who ever can have a photocopy if they want) and last but not least my EAD (Work permit) card expires in Sept and I have applied for a new one I am going for my fingerprint next week but I don't think I will get a new one before I leave would this be a problem during my re entry in Oct? I really appreciate your suggestions/opinions, Advice. Thank you friends.

Raju

Hello Friends,
    Next month I am leaving for Bombay India and in Sept my wife leaves for Bombay and in Oct we return together to the US. Since I have 2 Original copies of advance parole I am thinking of leaving one copy with my wife (as a precaution) and I will carry one after all we are returning together to the US from India. Now my questions are 1) what do you guys think about this? I mean the INS really does not care if I have 2 copies or one when I leave the US am I right? And lastly god forbid if I loose one AP (at least I have one more copy) would the INS let me in the US with just one original copy?(The airlines agents or who ever can have a photocopy if they want) and last but not least my EAD (Work permit) card expires in Sept and I have applied for a new one I am going for my fingerprint next week but I don't think I will get a new one before I leave would this be a problem during my re entry in Oct? I really appreciate your suggestions/opinions, Advice. Thank you friends.

Raju

They dont care if you have two copies, they will give one copy back to you when you come back. You can take both of them with you and you can show them to immigratio officers airline, etc.
    (I took both copies with me)

Just make a copy of everything in case if you loose something, you have something in your hand.

They did not check or asked for a work permit when I entered. I did not even take my work permit with me.

(I am not an expert this is based on my personal experience)

You only need to take one copy with you. I left the second copy at home, because I wasn't sure if immigration would keep the AP when I enter, but they just stamped it in secondary screening and I could go. A pleasant experience, and no problems whatsoever(my hubby was with me)