publisher - over
50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Is there any chance to get a H1-B visa with a Associate degree?

I'm currently in the college studying 2-year medical assistant program (AAS degree), and I wonder if there's any chance for me to qualify for a H1-B visa provided I find an employer and fulfil all other requirements ?

Thanks!

I'm currently in the college studying 2-year medical assistant program (AAS degree), and I wonder if there's any chance for me to qualify for a H1-B visa provided I find an employer and fulfil all other requirements ?

Thanks!

This is not meant to discourage you, but the very first burden to overcome for H-1B visa category is alien's baccalaureate degree attainment in a certain field specific to the specialty occupation: accountants, auditors, computer programmers, systems analysts, engineers, etc., etc. This requirement may be satisfied if the alien has several years of relevant experience to compensate for the degree, based on 3:1 (years) conversion. You're in college, so.....? Med. Asst. job also requires a license in the state of prospective employment...... many hills to climb, rivers to cross........ bad news, sorry.

You may be able to combine your degree and experience to get an experiential equivalent to a Bachelor Degree.

Yes, as a general rule. I forgot to mention that. But I feel it doesn't apply to her, she's still in college and for sure relatively younger than I. And also considering the present H-1B climate...... at least last year the cap was reached in 6 or 7 weeks, this fiscal year it's predicted to be doomed in a matter of days........ bottom line, it's an uphill battle.

An H-1B requires that the beneficiary have a Bachelors AND that the position in the petition require at least a bachelors.

If the beneficiary does not have a bachelors they can substitute experience. However the real hurdle is the position. A bachelors degree has to be mentioned as a minimum job requirment AND this must be accepted as an industry standard.

I don't think medical assistant qualifies. Your best bet is to find an employer that will hire you an a J visa