50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
© 1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: FBI Background check Q....

I'm in process for Green card though merrige. I have had an interview with my wife, and we received an approvel from the immigration officer regarding our case. now my case in pending (over processing time more then 90 days) for FBI background check. I have a ticket flight next month to visit my family that i didn't see more then 5 years and i am not sure what i can do?! I didn't received anything yet, and i have been told that until the FBI will finish their check, thne i will receive my green card? i need an advise, if sameone know what can i do to expetdied my case.... Please....
    Maureen

I'm in process for Green card though merrige. I have had an interview with my wife, and we received an approvel from the immigration officer regarding our case. now my case in pending (over processing time more then 90 days) for FBI background check. I have a ticket flight next month to visit my family that i didn't see more then 5 years and i am not sure what i can do?! I didn't received anything yet, and i have been told that until the FBI will finish their check, thne i will receive my green card? i need an advise, if sameone know what can i do to expetdied my case.... Please....
    Maureen

You should have approved advance parole before travel. If you don't, your I-485 will be denied based on abandonment.

I would like to ask here
    in case they deny the advance parole, is it among the law that they deny the I 485 in case of any overstay?

what happened with me when I did the same thing, they denied both cases, and they claimed overstaying ( it had huge issues that they were wrong) the office told me that in case you apply for advance parole and you had any overstaying I think 6 weeks, you will be denied (for both. and they did claiming

The problem is that i'm not sure if i'm qulify for advance parole. I passed the immigration interview and got an approved from them, but sincw the fbi didn't finish his check they couldn't give me anything. I dont have any criminal record or anything that i should worry about, its just that im short i time....
    Maureen