50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: F2B unmarried with a child

Both my girlfriend and I are international students. Later H1B. I have an approved petition for F2B (unmarried son or daughter) from my GC mother. I am currently still single without a child, but I am thinking to stay unmarried but to have a baby first before my priority date becomes current because my girlfriend is close to 30. I am seeking advice whether this will cause any problem for my green card petition. We do not attempt to gain any immigration advantage from our U.S. born baby if we indeed have a child. My current girlfriend/future wife would raise our child in our home country and wait me to file for her under F2A (GC spouse) once I receive my green card. We are in deep love for a few years.

Both my girlfriend and I are international students. Later H1B. I have an approved petition for F2B (unmarried son or daughter) from my GC mother. I am currently still single without a child, but I am thinking to stay unmarried but to have a baby first before my priority date becomes current because my girlfriend is close to 30. I am seeking advice whether this will cause any problem for my green card petition. We do not attempt to gain any immigration advantage from our U.S. born baby if we indeed have a child. My current girlfriend/future wife would raise our child in our home country and wait me to file for her under F2A (GC spouse) once I receive my green card. We are in deep love for a few years.

You can have as many children as you want but don't make the mistake of marrying her until your gc application is approved. If you do you will mess up your chance to get a green card. If your mother becomes a USC then you could marry your girlfriend.

Hi Bronzelady:

thank you for your help.