free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I 130 processing times

I was looking at the processing times for I 130. The date they have posted is passed my priority date. I was just wondering if anyone knows what are they supposed to be processing on the I 130 form? I tried calling immigration but the petitioner has to call, and the petitioner is currently out of town. The I 130 was approved I am just waiting for an available visa for me. The visa buletin is still about 1 1/2 year from my priority date.

I was looking at the processing times for I 130. The date they have posted is passed my priority date. I was just wondering if anyone knows what are they supposed to be processing on the I 130 form? I tried calling immigration but the petitioner has to call, and the petitioner is currently out of town. The I 130 was approved I am just waiting for an available visa for me. The visa buletin is still about 1 1/2 year from my priority date.

How do you know that I-130 is approved?

Which Service Center has your I-130?

Approval of I130 has noting to do with visa. Please check Department of State
    Visa Bulletin for your category.

If I-130 is already approved, then what do you want them to be processing now? There's nothing to process anymore. Now you have to wait until your priority date becomes current on the visa bulletin so you can file Adjustment of Status or go through the consulate in home country to get your visa.

I know it's approved because I got my approval letter 797.
    I know perfectly well where they are in the Department of State, I checked that too.

When I talked to someone in Immigration they said the sponsor had to call to speed up the I 130 process because they are passed my priority date.
    I already know I have to wait for my notice to apply for adjusmemnt of status.

Basically I want to know if anyone knows why the process times are way off. What do those process times have to do with the forms listed?

Did you compare your priority date with Visa Bulletin dates issued by the Department of State? Have you passed those dates?

I rec'd a approved of my I130 petition. (was made for my brother "citizen). my priority date is may22/2003. now if a live in USA since 9 years ago (came with visa) and I overstayed, is there any future problems?

garrate: I am not sure where is a problem:
    - processing times for I-130 are approx. times when an I-130 is going to be approved. You say your I-130 has been approved and visa bulletin is about 1 1/2 years from your priority date.

As Mrs. Mani said: all you can do now is to wait...

There must have been some kind of misunderstanding between you and USCIS, when you called. "Speeding up" I-130 because they are passed your PD could be done if your I-130 has NOT been approved, so you get it approved.

ferpc1569 - when a visa number will available to you (Priority date shown in Visa Bulletin), you will NOT be able to adjust status in the USA because you have no status to adjust from. To benefit from your brother's petition, you would have to go through consular processing in your home country. Once you leave USA, you will be banned to return for, most likely, 10 years because you overstayed. Now, the only way to adjust status in the USA based on your brother's petition is if you can claim 245(i). You can do that if someone (relative or employer) petitioned for you before April 2001.

This is in general. To get better answer we would need more details.

Well if those dates for processing times are for approval of forms, they are way off. I got my approval letter after a few months. The times on the website are years off.

Tak I answered your question when I first posted my question.

Like I saud before I'm aware I have to wait. I was just wondering about the info that immigration post on processing times.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by aneri:
    garrate: I am not sure where is a problem:
    - processing times for I-130 are approx. times when an I-130 is going to be approved. You say your I-130 has been approved and visa bulletin is about 1 1/2 years from your priority date.

As Mrs. Mani said: all you can do now is to wait...

There must have been some kind of misunderstanding between you and USCIS, when you called. "Speeding up" I-130 because they are passed your PD could be done if your I-130 has NOT been approved, so you get it approved.

ferpc1569 - when a visa number will available to you (Priority date shown in Visa Bulletin), you will NOT be able to adjust status in the USA because you have no status to adjust from. To benefit from your brother's petition, you would have to go through consular processing in your home country. Once you leave USA, you will be banned to return for, most likely, 10 years because you overstayed. Now, the only way to adjust status in the USA based on your brother's petition is if you can claim 245(i). You can do that if someone (relative or employer) petitioned for you before April 2001.

This is in general. To get better answer we would need more details. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    So, that's mean that I out of any chance? uffff!!! its really sad. at this point if I stay no opportunity to adjust status here (usa) if I leave. I undestand there is a 10 years. my only chance depends on what ?