50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
© 1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Immigration Law Question: K-1 sticker in your passport?? question

So when you have your interview and you find out you're approved, do you get your Visa right away or is it mailed to you?

I read somewhere that you stick it in your passport. Do you put it in there or does the embassy and then they mail it all back to you?

My daughter goes to see her fiance all they time since we live on the Canadian/US border.

I'm just wondering if the K-1 Visa sticker goes immediately into her passport when she's approved?? If so, this would mean she would no longer be able to enter the US unless she was moving to get married, correct?

If they just sent the Visa Sticker and she put it in, then she could just wait until she was going over for good. Right?

Just trying to figure out timelines for wedding showers here and there, etc... I'd appreciate any input, thank you!

So when you have your interview and you find out you're approved, do you get your Visa right away or is it mailed to you?

I read somewhere that you stick it in your passport. Do you put it in there or does the embassy and then they mail it all back to you?

My daughter goes to see her fiance all they time since we live on the Canadian/US border.

I'm just wondering if the K-1 Visa sticker goes immediately into her passport when she's approved?? If so, this would mean she would no longer be able to enter the US unless she was moving to get married, correct?

If they just sent the Visa Sticker and she put it in, then she could just wait until she was going over for good. Right?

Just trying to figure out timelines for wedding showers here and there, etc... I'd appreciate any input, thank you!

They'll keep her passport at the interview and it'll be sent back to her with the visa attached - one of the things she'll have to take with her is a prepaid courier envelope.

As to where their or not she'll still be able to go in between, that's a question for the Consulate, but Every entry is up to officials at the border. The only hard and fast is that she has to use the visa within 6 months.
    The whole of life is but a moment of time. It is our duty, therefore to use it, not to misuse it - Plutarch

Thanks, Aroha! That's what I suspected after I heard it was a sticker to put in your passport. When that time comes, she'll just have to see what happens.

3149 Apple Rd NE, #5 Washington, DC 20018
    I didn't have much knowledge about visa. But this conversation helps me in it. Can you tell me what question is going to be asked in visa approval interview?

Hi Alec
    Sorry, I can't help you with that. My daughter's application isn't at that point yet. They just received a RFE and are gathering more information to send out. I'm thinking she probably won't get an interview (in Montreal) until June sometime.

He's a spammer, Mom. They're getting clever but the little spam link is a dead giveaway.

RFE's are never fun, but they're nothing to worry about. It's always best to go a little overkill when it comes to proving the relationship.
    The whole of life is but a moment of time. It is our duty, therefore to use it, not to misuse it - Plutarch

LOL......... well, I didn't even notice that link till I read your post, so he's not doing too good of a job spamming.