free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Immigration Expenses and Wages

My wife came to Maui with an offer for a job
    she was verbally aprised by the prospective employers she would have a good wage.
    She was paid less than minimum wage for a little over 3 months before she quit.

Her Previous job most recent was Administrator of Human Rescources for Advantage Products with 200 employess in the Philippines.

Her former employer is now demanding and suing for the Immigration expenses. Three petitions were filed for her to get here. Two were approved
    a day apart<>Employment was Denied <> Family<> and Fiance visa. My wife came on the fiance visa. Because the employer who is also family
    said she would get here faster.
    The employer was also a co sponsor on the Fiance visa. Filing affidavit of support. Also Affidavit of support was filed for the family visa.

We feel they should be responsible for immigration costs because they said they would be.
    And also they did not provide the job they claimed they had for my wife. Basically they told her after she arrived she would also me their Maid/ Housemaid to help with a new baby when it arrived. What can you advise us Please and Thankyou Very Much

My wife came to Maui on 15 Nov 2001 worked for less than minimum wage from Nov to March 2002. On March 6 when my wife advised she would be terminating employer asked her to sign a subcontractor agreement.

My wife came to Maui with an offer for a job
    she was verbally aprised by the prospective employers she would have a good wage.
    She was paid less than minimum wage for a little over 3 months before she quit.

Her Previous job most recent was Administrator of Human Rescources for Advantage Products with 200 employess in the Philippines.

Her former employer is now demanding and suing for the Immigration expenses. Three petitions were filed for her to get here. Two were approved
    a day apart&lt;&gt;Employment was Denied &lt;&gt; Family&lt;&gt; and Fiance visa. My wife came on the fiance visa. Because the employer who is also family
    said she would get here faster.
    The employer was also a co sponsor on the Fiance visa. Filing affidavit of support. Also Affidavit of support was filed for the family visa.

We feel they should be responsible for immigration costs because they said they would be.
    And also they did not provide the job they claimed they had for my wife. Basically they told her after she arrived she would also me their Maid/ Housemaid to help with a new baby when it arrived. What can you advise us Please and Thankyou Very Much

My wife came to Maui on 15 Nov 2001 worked for less than minimum wage from Nov to March 2002. On March 6 when my wife advised she would be terminating employer asked her to sign a subcontractor agreement.

Since she worked illegally from the date you mentioned without proper visa,she and her employer are both liable under the law.
    There is more accountability on the part of the "employer" since they brought her here or in Maui without the proper visa appropriate for her.
    If she has the contract or waiver, you can show this to a lawyer and file appropriate charges.
    Of course, they will run after her especially if they have paid for the airfare.Understandably, they will ask for the "damage" but since her papers are now OK,why don't you just pay them
    installment and probably they will change their
    tune.Sisteng Pinoy yan pare!

She had all appropiate doc's from Dec 2001.
    Sponsors obligatioms are made clear in
    the affidavits of support.Our claim I Think is futher supported by U.S, Dept of Labor Laws and todays Posting (8/1/02) Dept of Labor vs Respondenth