50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
© 1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: I married a mexican man and now what!!! Please help

I am a 22 year old women and I just married the man of my dreams...however he is in mexico...I have been back and forth between mexico and america and I am sick of it...I want him here...We met here and fell in love, then he got deported in florida....he was deported one other time at the border....I married him in mexico and want to make him legal here....please give me any information you may have....how much? how long? is it even possible? I am so desperate and so sad...any information will help....I would think it is my right to have my husband in the states with me!!!!Thank you so much vanessa

I am a 22 year old women and I just married the man of my dreams...however he is in mexico...I have been back and forth between mexico and america and I am sick of it...I want him here...We met here and fell in love, then he got deported in florida....he was deported one other time at the border....I married him in mexico and want to make him legal here....please give me any information you may have....how much? how long? is it even possible? I am so desperate and so sad...any information will help....I would think it is my right to have my husband in the states with me!!!!Thank you so much vanessa

Well it is your right, Vanessa, if you are a USC, and a benefit if you are an LPR, but unfortunately your husband may have complicated matters by being here without proper documentation/approval in the past. You will, no doubt, need to give a few more details on the reasons he was removed in order to garner an accurate answer to your question.

Just to be on the safe side, make sure this guy loves you for real because you dont know whether he will stick with you even after you bring him back and help him live here.

Given his rap sheet and the fact that you are just 22 with a whole life ahead of you, I would advice you to look at things soberly, so that you also look out for yourself.

For example, did you meet him BEFORE he started getting deported or AFTER? Just playing devil's advocate here.

Your question depends a *lot* on details you don't include. How long ago was his first deportation (did the case begin before 1997 under old rules?, has more than five years passed? Ten?) Are you sure it was not a voluntary departure? The second time was he really deported or turned away? I doubt he actually was in the country to get deported again, because in that case they would have sent him to Federal prison, more likely.

If he was only deported once, then he could apply after a certain amount of time has passed (eg- ten years), and mayt have to pay a civil penalty. If he reentered again after deportation, then he has a really big problem.

You really need to talk to an immigration attorney that handles removal matters. Talk about reopening the previous removal, or the possibility of a special bill in Congress.

Re-entering the US a second time after deportation is VERY serious. You might want to brush up on your Spanish, because you could be spending your future in Mexico. You are still very young, so you could probably adjust quite well to life in Mexico. The only real problem is the economy..........but if you have a college education you might be able to find a job with a semi-liveable wage as an English teacher.
    Have a nice day