ILW.COM - the immigration portal Immigration Daily

Home Page


Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation

Attorney2Attorney

CLE Workshops

Immigration books

Advertise on ILW

VIP Network

EB-5

移民日报

About ILW.COM

Connect to us

Make us Homepage

Questions/Comments


SUBSCRIBE

Immigration Daily


Chinese Immig. Daily




The leading
immigration law
publisher - over
50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: best way to postpone a fiancee visa application

  1. #1
    Guest
    Hi,
    I have an application that has basically been approved, but on the form one of the spaces was accidentally filled in as "n/a" instead of "none", so the office has asked for that to be fixed and then sent in... this would have been terribly frustrating, if not for the fact that just the day before, we had some serious issues come up between the two families. Now, the time of marraige and such is very much in doubt, and there is a chance that it may not happen at all. I wanted to know what the best way to postpone would be.. For now, I am simply holding on to the 'fix' that i need to send in since it has a deadline of sept 22, so I have a little time to get things sorted out. But, in case things are not sorted out by then, I don't want that she gets a visa and is free to come here and have me be liable for providing if we're not getting married... on the other hand, if everything works out by sometime in the next month or two, then I'd like to be able to get the paperwork done asap of course.. any ideas?

  2. #2
    Guest
    Hi,
    I have an application that has basically been approved, but on the form one of the spaces was accidentally filled in as "n/a" instead of "none", so the office has asked for that to be fixed and then sent in... this would have been terribly frustrating, if not for the fact that just the day before, we had some serious issues come up between the two families. Now, the time of marraige and such is very much in doubt, and there is a chance that it may not happen at all. I wanted to know what the best way to postpone would be.. For now, I am simply holding on to the 'fix' that i need to send in since it has a deadline of sept 22, so I have a little time to get things sorted out. But, in case things are not sorted out by then, I don't want that she gets a visa and is free to come here and have me be liable for providing if we're not getting married... on the other hand, if everything works out by sometime in the next month or two, then I'd like to be able to get the paperwork done asap of course.. any ideas?

  3. #3
    Guest
    what was the date on your receipt notice you received and where did u file, as for your question, i know you can withdraw the application, but if you can write of call the ins, and ask to postpone it as your partner is not able to come or whatever, they should be able to advise you,

  4. #4
    Guest
    it was recieved around 2 weeks ago. I'll try writing, but I'm afraid it might take to long for any sort of reply ..I'm in california.
    Thanks for the info

Similar Threads

  1. I-130 Spouse Visa or I-129F Fiancee Visa
    By GUIGUY in forum Immigration Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-28-2009, 08:38 PM
  2. Fiancee visa
    By chulapanama in forum Immigration Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-20-2006, 09:05 AM
  3. advantages and disadvantages of k-3 spouse visa over fiancee visa
    By Joeycg in forum Immigration Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-02-2006, 05:39 PM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-24-2005, 07:01 AM
  5. Replies: 37
    Last Post: 05-21-2003, 02:05 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Put Free Immigration Law Headlines On Your Website

Immigration Daily: the news source for legal professionals. Free! Join 35000+ readers Enter your email address here: